Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Women...

Today at the pool a friend of mine paid me such a lovely compliment. I really was blown away by her comment and left feeling pretty happy. Not in a smug, proud kind of happy, but a happy that feels "I work hard at _____, and I'm thankful another mother/wife/woman noticed." The compliment was unexpected and made me want to continue to work hard!


A little later that day I was texting with a mom who had earlier made a comment about feeling shortcomings as a mom. Don't we all feel that way at one time or another? Of course. I was surprised to hear her say this though because of all the moms of older kids I get to hang with, she is one of those I look at, listen to and want to emulate. Why? She does a great job. It shows in her children's behavior and attitudes. Not because they are perfect, none of ours are, but you can tell she works on heart issues in her home. So, I let her know. 


Yes, I'm getting to a point. Sheesh. Hold your horses.


1 Peter 3:8-9 says 
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters.t Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 9 ...That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.


Women can be haters. (Myself included; especially if you make me mad.) We don't have a long history of lifting each other up. We are more prone to tear each other down. I see it all over the tv, on blogs, in church circles. You read that right...church circles. If you can't edify your own people (so to speak) then who outside of the church is going to believe in the grace of the God you proclaim?


Is there a woman in your life that you look up to? Something she does really well? Parenting? Being a good wife? Serving a community she's passionate about? Mentoring? TELL HER!

2 comments:

boomama said...

That's a good word, Robin. We need to encourage each other!

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

The reasons you just listed are the reasons Bible Study girls stick together. TOGETHER. No matter what. No matter where.

Love you.