Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ta-Da!

I am in no way a great seamstress. But I am fortunate enough to have a fairly nice machine. This is great because when I do decide to put something together, I'm not fussing around trying to get my machine working properly.

Regardless, I have had this window treatment in mind since last year. I saw something very similar in a model home and knew it would be perfect in our home. Outside that window is a view to a beautiful green belt. All kinds of animals reside there including a deer I saw last week. So, I needed something light and airy that I could see through, and casual while still looking custom. I found exactly the fabric the model home had used at Hobby Lobby. It's a sheer fabric with a tone on tone polka dot and a black corduroy topper.

Then the fabric sat in my sewing cabinet for six months. =)

All in all the entire window treatment cost me less than $75 and that includes the rod which I got on clearance at Lowes. Yay!

Just thought I'd share.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Natalie @ I AM (not) said...

Super cute! Well done!

Christi said...

I love it! Great job :)

Robin Meadows said...

Very nice! I enjoyed following your trials and now your happy results! Sewing is one of my favorite things to do, but can also be quite frustrating!

Robin said...

Thank you my sweet BSers for your lovely comments. =)

PEZmama said...

Hey, that's cool. It looks like chains holding it to the rod. Is that right? How would you attach those?k

Nice work!

Deidre said...

Oh, how I wish I could sew!!!
Beautiful!