Friday, November 06, 2009

Scentsy Alternative

Several months ago Terry brought home a Scentsy product and I was instantly smitten. It made my whole house smell wonderful and there was no worry about me burning down the house! Score!

Since then I was told that Hobby Lobby (aka: The Mother Ship) carried a Scentsy knock-off for quite a bit less money especially when you used their coveted 40% off one item coupon. Obviously, I went to check it out. Here is the deal and how it fared.

The product is called ScentSationals and has "Not a Scentsy Product" very clearly printed on the label. The large warmer is $19.99 and the scented cubes are $3.99. I haven't seen these go on sale yet aside from the Internet coupon, but it's still cheaper than a medium Scentsy warmer and bricks.

I bought the cubes first to try in the warmer I already owned. I was worried the smell wouldn't be as fragrant, but was happily surprised. I tried the cinnamon and brown sugar and it was great! I could even go so far as to say it was a bit strong. I picked a smell sweeter than I should have.

My neighbor across the street bought the warmer and says it works just as well as the Scentsy product; it's just not as pretty.

So, pros are that ScentSational is less expensive, easy to get, and smells great. The only drawback that I can tell is Scentsy has a larger selection of smells (if you will) and a larger selection of warmers. They also sell a nightlight warmer that you can't find at Hobby Lobby...yet. =)

9 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

I'm really glad you posted this. I wanted the scentsy warmer but didn't want to pay $30 for it. I have the cubes and have been melting them in my t-light warmer, but the scent doesn't last as long. Next time I head to the big city, I'm hitting up a Hobby Lobby.

Love you!!!

Kids Cakes and Life said...

I bought one last night... both the warmer and bricks were 50% off! :)

Jeff Goodsell said...

Thanks for your honest review of the ScentSationals line of products. I work for the company and started ScentSationals.com, a site where you can order the warmers and waxes online. We have tried hard to make the waxes just as good as, if not better than our competitor. If you have any scent suggestions, or warmer design ideas you would like to see, feel free to email me at: jeff@ScentSationals.com. Of course they have to be different than our competitor, but we are always open to new ideas.

Thanx!

Jeff Goodsell
VP ScentSationals.com
jeff@ScentSationals.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CandlesBySoylicious.com | Soy Candles said...

Thanks for that information! I knew they were a tad bit way to high. I think Scentsy tarts are not even strong.

Anonymous said...

I found some wickless wax warmers at www.beautifullybasic.net. FREE shipping too!

Anonymous said...

scentsationals and beautifullybasic appear to be the same company? they have the exact same warmers and smells? actually they also have the same products as betterthanscentsy.com.

Anonymous said...

I have also found scentsational products at walmart.com the warmers are $15 and the waxes are sold in a variety pack of 4 for $8

Anonymous said...

I disagree....while Scentsy is more expensive, you get what you pay for, Scentsationals burners do not work for me nor their sents but maybe one day...while Sentsy can be used in my home 24/7 and the aroma stays strong the whole time.
Angie