Saturday, November 07, 2009

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Two and a half years ago I wrote this post. I cried re-reading it again just now. I felt so raw and ripped open that day. It was awful and my first step forward all at the same time.

So much has changed in the past 30 months. I am back at home now and am able to really focus on my husband and children. God gave me a group of women to meet with last January that have been more of an inspiration in my life than I can even verbalize.** I'm watching God use me in ways I never imagined. All in all, some days I feel like I'm looking at someone else's life. And I am so very thankful.

I knew even the day I wrote that post that I would come back to it in the future. I knew I didn't want to forget being in that place. If I don't look back occasionally, I might forget how far He's brought me. It brings me to a new place of gratitude and that is the place I want to stay.

**To my BSers. Srsly, y'all. You rock. As you know, I will not insert warm mushy sentiment here b/c I don't want to get all teary. =)

3 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

How awesome that you've grown and changed so much in different ways because of your move to OK. Thankful I got to be a part of it for the year I was there.

Nicole Knox said...

I love you!

dusty takle said...

I needed both this post and the post you wrote 18 months ago tonight. It's been a tough week. (Coming from a fellow transplant.)
Thanks. Love you.