Thursday, September 10, 2009

Stray Cat-1; Daddy-0

While on my run yesterday a sweet orange and white kitty began to follow us. (I say kitty because it wasn't full grown cat and not quite a kitten anymore, for the record.) Not only did it not eventually turn back, but kept with my running partner and myself for two and a half miles. And naturally, since I have "sucker" stamped on my forehead, as we came to our homes, kitty followed me to mine.

Of course, Terry is very allergic to cats. So kitty had to stay outside much to the mortification of my children. They were immediately smitten with the kitten. =) The cat sat on the window ledge outside while the girls talked to it through the window from the inside. Eventually, I had to take the girls to school and was hoping kitty would find it's way home by the time I returned.

No. Such. Luck.

Kitty was still waiting when I came home. And kitty was still waiting after I picked Reese up from pre-school. And naturally, Reese started begging. She really wanted the potentially disease contaminated animal in the house. I gently reminded her that her daddy was very allergic to cats and we couldn't even let kitty in (as I was calling animal control).

She thought for a minute and came up with this solution:

"If Daddy dies, and you don't die, can the kitty come in then. I think I'll name him Fred."

At least she decided to keep me around.

2 comments:

Lorren said...

I flippin' love that girl! She is so funny. Hope that kitty finds a good home!

Star Molegraaf said...

HILARIOUS!!