Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Captivating

I am starting a book club/study tonight on the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge with several women from my neighborhood this evening. It's been a while since I've read it and frankly, I'm not sure I paid much attention to it then. From what I've read so far (the introduction and Chapter One), I think I'm going to like it.

**On a side note, I just made my four year old come in from outside to hand me the remote. I'm pitiful.

Here are the questions we will be discussing tonight:

1) When was the first time you felt like a woman? (p.4)
This was an easy answer for me. The first time I deboned a chicken. Seriously, my hands were deep in a chicken carcass and suddenly I was my mom. A grown-up who was feeding her family in a way my mom did. I loved it.

2) What if anything, do you feel guilty about? (p.8)
Some days I feel guilty about more things than I don't feel guilty about. I'm still transitioning from the working mom (plenty to feel guilty about there) to a stay at home mom. Why do I still feel guilty? I don't know. But I am more calm while feeling guilty now and I don't scream at the kids as much. Actually, hardly ever. God help us all during PMS week. Can I get an AMEN?

3) Do you agree with Stasi that all women crave the following three things?: to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and to unveil beauty.
Not sure I agree with them all. I'm not an adventurist (is that a word? It is now.) by nature. Maybe we all crave a bit of all three, but more so one than the other. I'm interested in other thoughts on this one.

And since I do have the remote now, I'm off to watch the news!!

4 comments:

Rachel Cobb said...

You are hilarious! I am not sure if we've actually met in person, but I know who you are- i bet you know who I am too. Our husbands ride together, and we follow each other on Twitter. Come introduce yourself to me at the "family reunion" next week! LOVE captivating, by the way! Sounds like fun!

Susie said...

Captivating was the first bible study I ever led. I hope you like it. I remember this study really made me feel so loved by God, romanced by Him for the first time.

Nicole Knox said...

I want to come=) Praying for your time.

Krystal said...

Amen!