Monday, July 13, 2009

My Great Summer Idea

Water bottle. I know. So simple. And actually this idea came from the great Cindy Beall. It's not even really MY idea, but it is my blog so I can title this post anything I want, right?

Here's the deal: she bought each of her boys a permanent water bottle to use at home and keep in the fridge. They couldn't have anything else to drink until the water in the bottle was gone. I loved it from the stand point that my kids do not drink nearly enough water. What I didn't count on was the bonus: fewer cups to clean.

I really had no idea how many cups my kids went through in a day for water or juice or more juice. Now, these 32 ounce jugs just stay in the fridge. When they want a drink, presto! And when they are done, back in the fridge they go. I have started filling them with a Crystal Light package every other day. Because these are larger than a traditional water bottle, it's fairly watered down but the girls still feel like they have something special to drink all day long.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming....


13 comments:

Cindy Beall said...

Wow. That is one great idea.

Bless that Cindy Beall.

Lorren said...

Fabulous idea! Love it.

Tina said...

Brilliant!

Phillips Phamily Mama said...

Popping in from BooMama's...

Well, isn't that just...brilliant! I'm working on teaching my kids how to OPEN the fridge, so we'll file that under "Good Ideas".

Anonymous said...

Sheer. Genius.

Alicia said...

Excellent idea, Robin & Cindy! Where did you buy them? I like this size with the little handles!

Deidre said...

I'm totally stealing this idea! I am always lamenting the fact my girls won't drink enough water. Brilliant!

Robin said...

I bought mine at Wal-mart. Cindy's are of the rubbermaid variety and have little pull up straws. Wal-mart also, I think.

weavermom said...

Oo- great idea! Came over from BooMama. :)

Also wanted to add that I ALWAYS read the little bio things. I find it weird to read writing without having any idea who wrote it! :) Does that make me crazy?

jubilee said...

Great idea. And Boomama was right, I was thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?!"

Aunt_Nette said...

my cousins 18 month old will take her little cup to the fridge and get her some water from the outside of the fridge thing. sometimes the floor gets mopped too

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great idea....Love your blog...

Becca said...

What a GREAT idea :-) for myself actually since my little one isn't old enough to benefit yet . . .