Monday, May 25, 2009

Here We Go Again

It is Memorial Day. Happy Memorial Day y'all.

We have had a great weekend full of out of town friends, food, swimming and more food. When you have 4 girls under the age of 8 in the house, that feeding time comes pretty regularly. And after the guests left, we had some friends who live here come over for more swimming and dinner. And to say I am pooped would be a monumental understatement.  

And tomorrow we get up for one of the last four days of the school year and of my paid employment for a while. It's making me a bit introspective of the road God has led us down over the past two years. I am so grateful for that road.

That road has humbled me. That road has grown my faith. That road has given me friends I would not otherwise had. It has made me much more appreciative of time with my husband, my children and time just to be. It has made me more cognisant of the prompting of the Holy Spirit, and understanding of what happens when you ignore said prompting.

But most of all, it has made me realize the importance of Proverbs 19:21. "We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails."

That is, I'm gonna make lots of missteps in my life. But they neither surprise God or derail His ultimate plan for me. He just works through it. And I am better for it.

Praises to Him for He is Holy. Happy Summer Everyone!!!

3 comments:

Susie said...

So excited for your new adventures of being a stay at home mom again! Love that version of Proverbs 19:21, and IT IS SO TRUE. Hope we get to see you guys at some point and finally MIRL. Enjoy your week, it is my kid's last week too:)

Cindy Beall said...

Indeed He is.

molly said...

Okay, so I really and truly meditated on that very exact scripture on Wednesday and Thursday this past week. I love how He affirms the Word through my friends! Thanks for sharing~xo I'm comin' over soon