Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Give Me Your Eyes

So far in 2009 I've read posts about New Years resolutions, people who have a "word" for 2009, or in my husband's case, three words for the year. (I do like his choice of words this year by the way.) And I did consider all of those. 

But ever since I heard this song toward the end of 2008, I knew it would be my song, my prayer, for 2009 or maybe longer. It speaks volumes to me every time I hear it. I have spent so much of my life living for me. In general, I am completely oblivious to the world around me. I don't see those people right outside my comfort zone of close friends, immediate family and work relationships. (It's partly in my nature to be unable to focus on more than, I don't know, 1 thing at a time. Ugh!)

And there are so many more people. Right here, right now.

I want to be different. I want to be different for Jesus and because of Jesus. I want to see who He sees and how He sees them. And then I want to do what He does. Care for them. Love them where they are. Serve them.

Here's my prayer. Here's to 2009.




Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes from Brandon Heath on Vimeo.

6 comments:

dusty takle said...

I do love that song. And, what a great one for the year!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Amen, Sister!

PS: the word verification on this comment is "tedlike", a word which I will be using as often as possible. Which I find to be very...tedlike. ;-)

PEZmama said...

Like that song in a big way.

Got an mp3 player for Christmas. I think you need to suggest some good music for me to put on it.

Because the last time I knew what was current in Christian music, Stephen Curtis Chapman had long hair.

Please help me.

Kelly said...

I'm with you- love this song, and it has been speaking to me, too!

When I really think of seeing the world as Jesus does, well, it humbles me to say the least.

Happy New Year!

Susie said...

So glad you posted this song. I passed it on to Skip and he loved it for church.

I need to listen to this every morning.

Natalie @ I AM (not) said...

I love that song. it seriously challenges me!! yikes