Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boomama's 2008 Christmas Tour of Homes


I guess I am going to start under this picture since blogger won't let me do it any other way. So, welcome to my bedeckeled halls! This is our family Christmas tree. What I love most about this tree is the hand sequined tree skirt you can't see. It was made by Terry's great grandmother, and I managed to snag it. I love it! It is a bit old fashioned, but the older I get the more sentimental I become about things from the past.





This is the super fun skinny tree in the girls' room. They had fun picking out ornaments this year and I expect it will become a fun tradition for years to come.




Santa's Snacks are Chex Mix in this house!




I love this boingy Santa my mother gave me. He is fun just to push around.




And what would Christmas be without one or two or three (the girls have one) Nativities?



The wreath above the mantle used to be pre-lit. Now it's only half-lit and I can't figure out how to fix it. So, I just stuck a JOY ornament in the middle and called it a day.




What do you do with big ginormous ornaments you had a great place for in your previous home? Stick them on the dining room table of course!




Looking in from the entry. And yes, Virginia, that is my laundry on the chair waiting to be folded and put away. You didn't think and happy, jolly laundry elf came and did that did you?


Merry Christmas everyone! And if you come by, I will eventually make it to your tour. I can't check every blog from school, so it may take a bit! For more fun tours check out Boomama's here.

12 comments:

Lorren said...

Your house looks so pretty! I miss it! Don't freeze tomorrow. What a way to start the week.

PEZmama said...

I like your tree.... the more varied the ornaments, the more appealing they are to me.

I hope you are having a great Christmas season.

Jamie Lea said...

Beautiful, I love your home, this is so much fun. Thanks for having us in your home.

PEA said...

Thank you so much for such a delightful tour of your home, everything looks so beautifully decorated for Christmas:-)LOVE the Santa Snacks pail!! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

Krystal said...

The pictures really aren't doing your home justice - but still looks pretty!
Thanks!

Robin said...

Well, Krystal, that is because I am not a professional realtor who knows how to take good inside house shots. Ahem.

CKR said...

Everything is so pretty! I especially like the skinny tree in the girls' room. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I love the skinny tree in the girl's room. That's a great idea for when play space is at a premium.

Nicole Knox said...

I love your tree!

Keetha said...

I love your house!!! The view of the room with the tree through the archway from the next room is my favorite.

The "Santa Snack" pail is a hoot.

Thanks for inviting us over!!!

Merry Christmas.

Paige said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us! I love the tree in the girls' room. What a great Christmas tradition you have started.

Susie said...

Robin, everything is beautiful! When can I come over for chex mix. Just kidding friend. Your home is gorgeous!

I was so excited to see on your husband's facebook page that he was planning the 2009 budget to get you home from working. I'm so praying it works out for you next year! Then you can email me more. Hee hee. Merry Christmas Storch Family!