Friday, November 21, 2008

I REALLY Love These Pants

Those of you who really know me will see what a big deal this is. Frankly speaking, I'm frugal. I rarely spend more than $20 on any one article of clothing, including shoes. And even more honestly, my goal on shirts is $10 or less.

However, when Terry and I were in Dallas last weekend, I saw these sweat pants. I was immediately smitten. But, if you clicked the link, you can see my dilemma. For that $78 price tag I could easily get two pairs of Fila sweats (with cutie patootie silver trim I might add) and two matching hoodies at Kohl's. And if I score a 20% or 30% additional savings, it could be less.

On the one hand I rarely spend this kind of money on myself. For one article of clothing anyway. Oh sure, I've dropped my fair share decorating the house or things for the girls....but I can't stop thinking about these stupid sweats and how I would look so uber cute in them.

One more thing, if I do buy them, I will feel the need to wear them a lot. =) Have to get my money's worth and all.

So, what do you think ladies (and any gents that may be lurking) splurge or not? I will need some new sweats regardless by the way.

8 comments:

Lorren said...

They are very cute. Maybe Santa could bring them???

Lori said...

If they were jeans, I'd say go for it because you'd be able to wear them more places. But with sweats, I'd say wait for a sale. Though they are the cutest I've seen!

PEZmama said...

$78? I can't think of much I'd pay $78 for. If I did it would probably be for something more along the lines of electronics.

So, unless the pants light up or something, I (personally) would pass.

Then again, if the pants *did* light up, I wouldn't even be thinking of buying them in the first place... but that's just me.

Krystal said...

A good way to get Terry to buy them for you is to tell him that if you had them, you'd wear them. And nothing else. For a whole day.
It could work.

boomama said...

They are adorable. And would be so cute with a long-sleeved white t-shirt and a denim jacket, NOT THAT I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING.

And seriously? You could probably find a knock-off at Ross or TJ Maxx.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I don't really have a contribution to the discussion at hand, I just wanted to pop in and say "hey" here at your new/old place. So, "hey". And also, $78 is too much for sweat pants. It just is.

Cindy Beall said...

Don't do it. Run. Run for your bloomin' life.

Don't forget those Wal Mart pants with the adorable skull and cross bones on them.

I'm just sayin'.

katemcdonald said...

they ARE cute... I would be tempted!

like the new website!