Sunday, August 19, 2007

The alligator, pooter and some leprosy...

I don't often post about the crazy things my kids say. Frankly, if I don't write it down that instant, I forget within about 5 seconds what the exact words were. But the following were funny enough for me to write down.

I don't know about you, but having a 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old around means we have to constantly work on sharing. Mini-me always does some sort of fun craft at Lifekids when we attend church on Saturday nights. Last night's craft involved many craft sticks glued to a piece of paper. It looked like a fence, but I don't think that is what it was. Anyhoo, there was one extra stick that was clearly a person. As we were getting in the car, Mini-T had naturally decided the stick in the form of the persona was hers. So Terry gave it back to Mini-Me (after she had fussed about it) and had Mini-T ask for it. Nicely. With the word "please". After the sharing had taken place Mini-Me pipes up and says, "Hey Dad, I gave her Jesus and leprosy!"

I certainly hope it was another loose stick.


Speaking of Mini-Me, feel free to translate the following:

"Let's go to church and ride the alligator!"

"Daddy, do you have dd's on your pooter?"
**answers in the comments.

9 comments:

Robin said...

Alligator is the elevator; dd's are dvd's, and pooter is computer

=)

John said...

Crud. I was gonna guess, but you beat me to it.

Barbie said...

How cute is she!! I guess I speak fluent kid because it made sense to me lol
If you get a chance email me at Barbiemamato3@aol.com

Molly Coddled said...

I admit it, dd's stumped me.

Just curious, did Mini-me get a timeout for giving her sister leprosy?

PEZmama said...

Thank you for translating for me. I was lost.

Ms. Bao has been asking for "apoo sidin" lately, and I could not figure out how she knew what "apple cider" was - since we never drink it. Then I realized she was not asking for apple cider, but she was asking if i was going to do my "exercising." And it took me about a week to figure it out.

Duh!

Anonymous said...

My favorite was when my then 3 year old always asked if I was going to take out my tongue ki*ss (huh?) Yeah that is what I thought for about two months when I finally figured out if was my contacts!

Theresa said...

I got the first one, but was thinking about the second one when I clicked on comments and then you ruined it! :)

Susie said...

I didn't even give it a guess, and went straight to the answers. Too funny! My Annie used to say "compooter" which is a lot like pooter. I think one of my favs is when our Ashley was about two and I was really trying to get her to say please and thank-you. She asked for something and I said, "What's the magic word." She thought for a minute and said, "Abracadabra". I couldn't argue with the girl.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is so funny! I love when they just crack ya up with something so innocently off the wall like that!