Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's a Mad, Mad World



I have recently met up with a great blogging friend in Dallas. (See below post.) She's a very talented writer who God has allowed to grow up with a father in the ministry, and she's seen the good, bad and the ugly. And, after a period of time away from the church she went into the ministry herself and saw a little more good, really really bad and pretty darn ugly.

During that time a seed was planted for a book regarding burnout in the ministry on all levels, from staff to volunteers that is currently titled Mad Church Disease. I know that many of you who read my blog are involved in a church in some way whether it be staff, staff wives or 40 hour volunteers. If you could please do me a favor and go take her survey, it would help this under-discussed topic be opened as it should be.

Here is the link to the surveys. It will lead you to which one you need to take.

5 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

one, you are up way too early. two, thanks for the link. three, we need pastor's wives to respond. we have almost 400 staffers, 300 volunteers and only 75 family members...need....family.... :)

Susie said...

I stopped by and took the survey. Hope it helps.

Addie said...

I responded yesterday, and I'm a pastor's wife, so there ya go. Looking forward to the book!

Robin, we need to catch up, I am LOVING this Daniel study!!!!! It is A-MAZ-ING!!!

Carol Donnelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Donnelson said...

Robin:
I LOVE you and your hubby's blogs! I am a Pastor's Wife who took the Survey. My extreme gratitude to you for posting the link. Anne has terrific insight re: ministry and I believe her book as well as Terry's will be on any and all best seller lists!.....be wonderfully blessed is my prayer!