Friday, June 01, 2007

Christmas In June

As I was strolling through Hobby Lobby on Friday while talking on the phone to a friend I remarked how they had tons of home decor items (and nice ones too) marked down 66%. Then it hit me. They're moving merchandise out to get ready for Christmas stuff.

Now, I know of few people who love Christmas more than I do. But, June 1st? That may even be a little early for me. Then I walked around to the next row and low and behold was a whole aisle of Christmas ribbon! Then another row of assorted pine cones and glittery stuff.

I guess in a few years they'll just have it up year round?


7 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, I am obsessed with Christmas and Christmas decorating but this is annoying. Come on! I need something to look forward to! I have a rush when I know HOBBY LOBBY is making room for all the Christmas stuff. I get a rush when I get their weekly ad sent to me via email every Sunday morning at midnight but this is so crazy! I need some time to enjoy the road bumps along the way. You know Halloween and Thanksgiving? :)

Clemntine said...

HOLD THE PHONE!! Hobby Lobby sends out their ads by email? Omigosh, how did I not know this important fact?

And, Robin, I'm with you on the June/Christmas thing. I must at least be wearing long sleeves and shoes with the toes in them in order to enjoy the Christmas stuff.

Barbie said...

LOL I am more worried about back to school clothes shopping right now...I don't even want to think about Christmas shopping again!! Geez didn't I JUST do that?!

Addie said...

I'm thinking I need to hit me a Hobby Lobby sale!

That's really insane, even by Robin standards that's insanely early. But just think when you move into the new house, you can already get started on the Christmas decorating. :D

Big Mama said...

The 66% off is a beautiful thing, but the Christmas decor is just wrong.

Rebekah said...

I'm so with ya - a little out of control.

{Karla} said...

yeah, that's pretty insane... we've always said it was going to happen sooner or later...

blessings,
karla