Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Two Years Ago

I posted this more than two years ago, and happened on it while digging through my archives. I still love this quote.



Christian author, O. Hallesby wrote:
"The air which our body requires envelops us on every hand. The air itself seeks to enter our bodies and, for this reason, exerts pressure upon us...The air which our souls need also envelops all of us at all times and on all sides. God is round about us in Christ on every hand, with His many-sided and all sufficient grace. All we need to do it to open our hearts. Prayer is the breath of the soul, the organ by which we receive Christ into our parched and withered hearts...As air enters in quietly when we breathe, and does its normal work in our lungs, so Jesus enters quietly into our hearts, and does His blessed work there."

Inhale His grace and mercy; exhale your worries and trials. Breathe Him in so He may sustain you. And do it without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

I found the above quote in a book by Karol Ladd, The Power of a Positive Mom. I really needed to be reminded that my prayer should be continuous.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love that! I have Power of A Positive Woman. I like her a lot!

anne jackson said...

Thanks....I needed that today. Ask your husband about the "four day countdown prayer request" I mentioned and it will make sense why...

I will ignore the book title though, as the four day countdown and the book title I refuse to believe are linked in my situation.

(if i could pick an answer to aformentioned circumstances, the answer preferred would be no thank you, maybe much much later)

Guess there's no need to ask T about that now.

::shrugs:: :)

cajunquilter said...

What a great quote. I am so happy God had you reshare it.

rindy said...

Great quote...I am just checking your site for the first time and this is exactly what I needed today. I am totally stepping out of my comfort zone tonight but I know God is leading and this fits perfectly with today!!! thank you!!