Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day and a Bunch of Other Stuff

Since my last post we've had all kinds of boring excitement around here. Terry, the girls and I went to Dallas a couple of weekends ago so that T could speak at a conference. He stayed at the hotel and we stayed with a friend and her kids. It was a total whirlwind that included a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese for one of Mini-Me's dear friends, the drowning of my digital camera in The Sweet Diva's famous sweet tea, and ended with me coming down with a bug the night before we left. (Again, TLo, so sorry!) All in all it was a blast even if the trip made me realize how much I miss Dallas and my friends.

But, home again, home again jiggity jig; home again, home again to buy a fat pig. (Isn't that how the nursery rhyme goes?) When we arrived back in Edmond, gas was anywhere from $3.29-$3.35 a gallon. I, for once, didn't completely freak out. I've been really praying about letting this go to God--that and half a bazillion other things that affect my life and I have no control over--and it seems to be working. Not only that, but gas has now gone back down to a reasonable $3.09. =)

The house now has actual walls that have been taped and bedded. I got a new camera on Saturday so be expecting lots of pictures soon. And, I only have three days of school left before I start my glorious summer. (A post on my summer plans will follow next week, because I know you are all just DYING to know.)

Speaking of summer plans, T has posted his Summer of George agenda which will, of course, affect me greatly. But I'm ready for it. As a matter of fact, I've picked my running up again too, and plan on being very fit just about the time for jeans and sweaters rolls around.

Two last things: I hate potty training with such a passion that I may let Mini-T wear pull-ups until she is in high school, and Mini-me vacuumed the whole apartment today. By herself. Because she wanted to. I want to buy her a car.

4 comments:

Karen S. said...

I was very frustrated as well with potty training. When I was researching potty training a common theme seemed to be praise and positive reinforcement. I came across a website called www.pottytrainingrewards.com. We hung it in the kitchen and named the little boy on the front of the package, Bobby. My son could not wait to go to the potty so he could push the button, hear the praising message, and get his chocolate reward from, Bobby. It really got my son excited about using the potty himself and it was fun for him. Because he became so involved, potty training was easy. So give it a try. Good Luck!

Clemntine said...

My kids all pretty much trained themselves. I just provided a potty chair. They ranged in ages from 2y3m to 3y11m, so I'm kind of open on the timing.

Barb said...

Uh oh. That drowned camera thing doesn't sound too slick.

What a great job Susie did for you. I love, love your new look.

That you want to buy her a car just made me smile. I totally understand that. :-)

Addie said...

First of all, the thing I hate about these gas hikes is that we begin to think that 3.09 is reasonable!

I'm glad you had fun in Dallas, I know it was refreshing for you!

And every time you talk about running, it makes me want to as well. (though I never have, and doubt I ever will!) Go Ro!!!