Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Favorite, but not Most Reverent, Easter Story

When Mini-Me was 3 we made out annual spring pilgrimage to Sweetwater to see my mother in law. While there, she was introduced to Peter Rabbit, the Beatrix Potter story as well as Peter Cottontail the animated classic from when I was a child. She loved both.

One day after we came home a very naked child streaked through the living room, whipped her shiny hiney around, wiggled it back and forth, and said, "Look Mom, I'm Peter Cottontail!" And in between her sweet little butt cheeks, she had placed a rolled up ball of toilet paper.

I would give my left arm to have a video of that moment.

And on that note, Happy Easter to you all! How sweet is our Lord that he gives us such precious things to remember and smile about for years to come.

7 comments:

Big Mama said...

Oh, that cracks me up. No pun intended.

Kelli said...

What a hysterical memory!

Deena said...

That's the kind of story you share on her wedding day...maybe during the toast:-)

I know, I know...
I'm a mean momma:-)

Rebekah said...

Oh my word! What a story and what a memory!

My son does a similar move only without the toilet paper...he shakes his bottom and sings, "bootie, bootie, bootie".

I'm not cruel enough to video it but, my word, those little cheekies are just so pinchable!

Clemntine said...

I've told my mom I'm having surveillance video installed in every room so that when that kind of stuff happens, I'll have it all on tape.

Girl Gone Wild said...

Oh my gosh that is too funny. She is just TOO creative!

theresa said...

Wow! I would of never thought. Happy Easter to you too!