Monday, March 12, 2007

Huh?

I was trying to leave school today for lunch. I had packed up and picked up my bag and purse (yeah, they're two different things) and started walking out the door. I decided right inside the door to go ahead and get my keys out.

A little searching, no keys.

Put my purse and bag on the floor so I can really look while being completely in every one's way walking in or out. No keys.

I walk over to the lobby bench, sit down, put my keys next to me and keep looking for my keys for the next eight or nine minutes.

Did you get that? I PUT MY KEYS DOWN NEXT TO ME SO I COULD KEEP LOOKING FOR MY KEYS!

I did eventually see them out of the corner of my eye. As my mother would say, "If they had been a snake they would have bit me." This little story probably does nothing to help convince you I'm not a complete idiot does it?!

12 comments:

Clemntine said...

You are ready for a Break of the Spring variety!

Barb said...

Sound about like when I'm looking everywhere for my glasses. And they're on my face. :-)

Big Mama said...

I would like to say I have never done that, but I would be lying.

Deena said...

You are in excellent company on that one!!

Susie said...

Too funny Robin. That reminds me of one time when I was holding Annie when she was about a year and a half old. We were leaving a friend's house, and I had gathered up my other two children and I was calling for Annie to hurry up and come on so we could leave. Skip looked at me and said, "Honey, your holding her." Duh... I guess I was so used to her hanging on my hip. That's my dumb moment. Sad, I know.

Nise' said...

ROTFL! I do that all the time with so many items. One time, I was a Wendy's with the kids. I set the car keys on the tray and yep you guessed it, in the garbage they went. The kids had a great time fishing them out! We went straight home and into the tub!

Anonymous said...

Robin,

You are soo funny.
Amy Love

theresa said...

...and that's why you and I are the best of friends! Nuff' said...

Jan said...

When's lunch?

thehappyhomemaker@gmail.com

p.s. I've NEVER done anything like this: moving something aside to look for it. no, never.

ahem.

Stacey said...

Wow, that's totally something I would do right now... but I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant :-) Too funny!!

Gayle said...

So I'm not the only one. My latest and greatest was while I was sitting at the dinner table asking, "Who took my fork," why they all giggled and laughed at the fork in my hand.

Could it be that the fumes from all the poopy diapers have deleted some of my brain cells?

Gayle

Barbie said...

ROFL This sounds like something I would do!