Sunday, March 11, 2007

All is Right with The World--and My Watch

I like to buy these cheapy Wal-mart watches to wear out and about or cleaning the house, generally when I'm not at work, church or on a date with T. When I get the watch, I use the instructions to change the time and then chunk the paper. File 13. Where the important things go, right?

The problem is, when daylight savings time ends in the fall, my watch is off by an hour. And of course, I don't have the instructions to change it, because, well, you know, File 13 and all. I spend the next six months reminding myself to fall back an hour every time I look at my watch.

But today! Today, I get to look at my watch and know it is again correct. I have thought of three solutions to my problem:

#1: The Obvious-don't throw the instructions away.
#2: Buy two watches and immediately set one for daylight savings time and one for regular time.
#3: Get rid of the ridiculous end to daylight savings time!

Cast your vote please. Personally, I think #2 is very creative and #3 is the best solution for many other reasons than just my watch. But that's just me.

**Today's post from the bizarro world has been brought to you by a mother who has lost an hour of sleep.

9 comments:

Barb said...

LOL, Robin. I'd go with the second option. I just wish there were two clocks in my car. :-)

Janna Rust said...

I'll opt for #3. I think we should have daylight savings time all of the time! :)

I'm also laughing because I've got a couple of decorative clocks in my house that are finally in the right time zone as of today! :)

Deena said...

I vote for number one as practical, number 2 as whimsical, and number 3 as logical...how's that for not making up my mind, in my lack of one hour of sleep induced stupor:-)

Clemntine said...

Well, the subject of watches is near and dear to my heart, so I'm glad you have a watch and that it is finally right again.

And I vote for #3. DST spring-up-fall-off or whatever the Sam Hill they call it makes me a little kookoo. Pick a time. Leave it alone for cryin' out Pete.

I actully have opted to go with the obvious choice, which would be #4: declare myself a Soverign Nation exempt from idiot time rules. And taxes. But could I still use 911?

Tiffany said...

I vote for #3. This Spring forward , fall back is confusing. And when you have kids under the age of three, it totally throws you for a loop. Great idea, LOL!!!
I like the idea of two watches. Wear the both and then decide what time YOU choose for it be!!

jtcosby said...

I vote for number 2! It's brilliant! I have also decided the people making the decisions to do daylight savings time (spring forward) have no children and should they continue to do this...they must do it in 15 minute increments to allow the children to adjust appropriatly. So there you go.

theresa said...

You crack me up! I've never met anyone so affected by the time change.

I think you can move to AZ and then option 3 will work. Then again, just moving from there I don't recommend it. Go for option two! :)

Stacey said...

I knew Theresa would say something about moving to AZ and then change her mind. Personally, I think it's a fine idea : ) I've lived here all my life and don't mind it one bit!! Just glad T is back in Texas where her heart has always been : )-

Stacey said...

I'm coming back to clear up the fact that I know Theresa from AZ and I totally love her and her family! Didn't mean any disrespect at all about her wanting to move back to TX. I'm glad she finally got to go home and be with friends and family!! She's a totally great gal!!