Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beep, I mean Green, Means Go

I am quite possibly the worst driver I know. That's a horrible thing to have to admit, but I do. My biggest problem is that I am the most impatient person on the road, (ask anyone who has had the fortune to talk to me on the phone while I drive) and I like to look around at things other than, oh I don't know, the ROAD.

So last night I was stopped at a red light calling a friend. When her outgoing message stopped and I heard the beep, something in my mind clicked and I started to drive through the red light as if it had turned green along with the beep.

People of Edmond---consider yourself warned. It's just better if you stay out of the way.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Okay, that sounds like something I'd do.

Yeah. You're in serious trouble.

Susie said...

I have done the same thing once before. Thank goodness nothing happened as a result for either of us. "People of Edmond"- too funny!

Clemntine said...

Thanks for the warning. I thought that was you, running the light in the shiny red Lexus convertible...

;~D.

Grana said...

I was reading boomama and saw the book club so I thought I might try it! I am just learning this bloggy thing and I am amazed at how many okies are on the ones I find! I miss Edmond, my husbands family homesteaded in Guthrie and still are on the original farm. I use to take his Grandma to Edmond to shop, which when I lived in Norman I would drive to Edmond to spend the day! I love the Cafe 501! I still have friends living in Edmond! I now live in Kansas City, Mo., not fun but for now it will have to do!

~ Grana of 4

Proverbs31Mom said...

Robin,
I have found your site from Sarah's In the Midst of it. I have lived in Edmond my entire life! My entire extended family attends Henderson Hills and have for more than 40 years.

I will definately be watching out at the intersections but you fit right in with all the others that seem to do the same thing around here.

Anyway, welcome to Edmond! We have lots of friends that attend Life.

Blessings,
Vickie

Terry Storch said...

Its because of posts like this...that I don't regularly read your blog.

A smile and a wink from you concerned husband.

Clemntine said...

WHAT!?! There's THREE of us in Edmond? That may be enough for a Panera Meetup of Bloggy Proportions!

Jan said...

uh oh. I'll stay clear of Edmond...


but, I will come to the Panera Meetup if Oklahoma City girls are welcome. Just call me after you arrive so I know the roads are safe, Robin.

Deena said...

I laugh...because I've done that...