Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pokey Balls, Dog Poo, Before and After

Well, as some of you know, T has taken a position with Lifechurch in Oklahoma and now our house is on the market. Yes, we have only been in it for a year. And as much as I love the large gorgeous trees, the one in the backyard drops bazillions of pokey balls (as I call them) all over the yard.

Since they tend to look a little unsightly when people come to see the house, Reia and I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather on Monday and pick them up. Needless to say, it took several hours and my hamstrings were aching as soon as I was done. The first picture is of our yard before the yard work which I constituted as working out for the day.



This is Mini-me "helping". I actually bribed her with chocolate. After about 15 min, she said, "Let's pretend this is a bag of strawberries and I am getting them from the store (the playhouse)." At that point I pretty much lost her interest in just picking them up as quickly as possible and they became every kind of fruit she could think of and some she just made up.


And this is the after picture. I also found quite a bit of dog poo in the yard, so I picked that up too. I know. Riveting. I was wearing gloves just in case you were really grossed out by that last little tid-bit of info. But doesn't it look so much better? Of course, two days later the yard looks just like the before pic. I think about 5000 still hang in the tree waiting on a strong wind.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Robin!

I'm trying to figure out what they are. Are they sweetgum balls, as I used to call them? Hmmm. I can't believe the two of you actually picked up every single one of them.

I hope your house sells quickly. And how fun to be moving to Boo Mama territory!

Amanda said...

I have heard awesome things about this church! Wow!

I actually got on your sight to send you a message about homeschooling. I have really been praying about it but I jave NO IDEA where to begin.

If you have the time, email me. I would love to just hear some wisdom from you. farmorethanrubies@sbcglobal.net
maybe you can point me in the right direction!

Thanks Robin!

~Telah said...

Hi Robin. I just stumbled upon your blog today. I have enjoyed what I have read so far! I can't believe you picked up all those "pokey balls"...but it did make the yard look so much different!

Susie said...

Oh my goodness Robin, I had no idea you were moving. I will pray for God's favor on the sell of your home and for you to love your new home and church family. Wow, I can't believe your leaving Texas. Please keep in touch! I was hoping to meet you in person someday! God bless you!