Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Control of the Kiss

Mini-T has a bed time ritual.

Every night (or nap time) as I am closing the door she calls me. "Mama?"
"Yes?"
"Kisses."

And so I walk back to her bed and she kisses me. Sweet little precious two year old kisses. I get up to walk away again.

"Mama?"
"Yes?"
"Kisses."

I walk back again and give her kisses to her hearts content. We follow this procedure about four times until she finally says, "Hugs." and then "Ni-Night." At which point I leave and all is well until about 6:30 the next morning.

Just so we all know, I can't be the one to end it. It has to be her or she won't really go to sleep. Also, if she doesn't want to go to bed, she withholds the sweet kisses.

Today for example, she didn't want to take her nap. Mini-me had a friend over and Mini-T was not about to miss out without a fight. So as I am laying her down and about to walk out she says "Mama?" (Good for me I think she's gonna just give up.)
"Yes?"
"Kisses?"
I walk over and lean down to kiss her and she looks at me and says, "Not mommy kisses, Reia kisses."

Glad to know where I stand. My girls will both have control issues. At least they come by it honestly.

No comments: