I haven't posted in a while. I haven't done a TT in what seems like forever. So much so I don't remember how to put the banner up so you'll just have to look at it all plain jane.
I love Christmas and just about every aspect of it makes me ridiculously giddy. The decorations, outdoor lights, the food, the smell of cold in the air (when it actually arrives), shopping for presents, the music, the new traditions we'll start this year and the old ones that have been handed down for generations. (And of course the birth of our Savior, but that is truly a given in our home.)
However, the one thing I cannot stand is wrapping presents. Period. It is the one thing I would pay someone to do if I weren't so frugal/cheap. And here are 13 reasons why:
1. 100 feet sounds like a lot. It actually wraps about 4 presents. 100 feet is 20 of me people. It should cover all the gifts.
2. Bows. Those bows never stay on. I have to use tape plus the sticky plastic thing they come with and they still fall off. Then the presents just look a little retarded underneath the tree with the bows just popped off to the side.
3. Finding boxes. It's enough to make you want to order everything online so they will ship them in a box. Then you don't have to locate one for those odd-shaped items.
4. It takes me all day.
5. If I wrap over several days then I have to keep digging out the paper, tape, scissors, etc and put them up every time.
6. My two year old keeps trying to "help" me.
7. With the scissors.
8. Now I have to go to the Kool Kuts for Kids and get it fixed.
9. I know it will all just be torn off and thrown away anyway. Such a waste.
10. I make really ugly bows. It's just a little sad. I wish I had the bow "touch". Maybe this process would be more fun.
11. Last year I bought a large roll of double sided wrapping paper at Costco.
12. My thought? This is so nice. I can use each side for every other gift and have plenty for the whole season.
13. I have enough for the next 5 years. So, if you get gifts from me, it will be wrapped in the same paper as last year, and the same paper as it will be next year...and the year after.
Because I hate to waste.
I will be more cheerful in my next post. The wrapping will be done by then. =)