Monday, October 30, 2006

Don't Spit at Me

Of all of the things I have going on right now, homeschooling, the Breaking Free Bible Study, trying to be a generally fabulous wife and mother, you'd think I'd be posting about something more important than Studio 60.

The fact is, (now, this is the "Don't Spit at Me" title portion of my post) it is better than Grey's. At least in terms of quick witted writing style. I love it. Unfortuately, I may be the only one that does it seems. Well, me and my friend Michelle who told me that NBC has only ordered 3 more months of 60 and Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe were splitting in the same conversation. I was so devestated by both pieces of information that I had to get off the phone and regain my composure. Seriously, ask her. (Yes, Sarah, I still need to go visit Dr. Cude.)

So, I'm going to write NBC a letter or email at the least. I doubt it will do much good, but at least I can say I tried. And next week, when Studio 60 is back for at least 3 episodes, please check it out.

**On a side note regarding the article if you cliked on 60, how is it that CSI:Miami receives more viewers than 60 with David Caruso being the worst actor I think I ever seen with the worst lines ever written?

***I so dislike it when I re-read a post after I have published it and find a gazillion errors. Sorry!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Umm, you think so about David Caruso? Like the episode where someone was killed with a high heel and he tilts his head to one side, looks far away and says in a low voice, "If the shoe fits..." Puuuleeeeeease! I can't take it. I will check out your show it looks cute. And kudos for blogging again even if it was a whole month later!!

P.S. I am so disappointed with Reese and Ryan. They are the cutest.

Robin said...

THAT IS EXACTLY IT!!! The lines are terrible and he is even worse for delivering them so badly.

Big Mama said...

I wrote about Studio 60 being cancelled today. I can't believe no one is watching because it is so smart and funny.

Something is more than a little wrong with our world when David Caruso has a show and Matthew Perry (who is brilliant as Matt Albie btw) doesn't. Sick and wrong.

BooMama said...

I have been in a funk since 4:30 this afternoon when I read about Reese and Ryan splitting up.

I am so serious.

It makes me very sad.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

theresa said...

We've talked about this before...I don't need anymore shows this fall to get addicted to especially ones that are being cancelled. Seriously!

And the whole Reese and Ryan thing, I don't stay on top of this stuff but I love Reese poor gal!

theresa said...

Glad you posted...I almost deleted you from my bloglines! :) Okay not really but I might spit on you the next time I see ya. J/K!!!! I had to go there... Luv ya!

Robin said...

Theresa-I would be offended by that, but since I talk to you on the phone so much....

Boo--I really think they just seemed so normal and not really Hollywood. It gives us a false hope. She's a down home girl for pete's sake; she shouldn't be giving up.

Minnie said...

They're cancelling 60???? That is one of my favorite shows!! I'm totally peeved now.

And Reece and Ryan!? No way!

Clearly I'm living in a deep, dark cave with no access to the outside world. Love me through it, please.

Addie said...

WHAT?!?! I LOVE 60!!! I'm so dissapointed! I was a little miffed last night when that Friday Night Lights was showing instead of Heroes. We changed the channel.

And Reese and Ryan too! Stink!!! Minnie, if you find your way out of this cave, will you send someone in to rescue me? I'm obviously quite lost!

Barb said...

I sooo agree with you, Addie. I knew the minute I heard about Studio 60 it would be great - West Wing was our favorite show and you can see the writers' influence in Studio 60. And yes, it's far better than Grey's Anatomy.

I was pretty surprised about Reese and Ryan. I'm beginning to ask myself why anyone in Hollywood ever gets married. It's becoming a joke.

Barb said...

I cannot BELIEVE I called you Addie. I hope you don't mind me changing your name. ROBIN. Geez. I need a cup of coffee. OK, off to see Addie now. Maybe I'll call her Robin. :-)

Rebekah said...

I'm obsessed with the show as well. Let me know if you need to draft a petition...I'm ready to sign to keep the show going. Life just won't be right without 60!!!