Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday's Random Thoughts

0) Please skip down and read #10 first-thanks.

1) Woman can indeed live on Chex Mix alone. I have tested this theory twice this fall already. I am not only fine, but have stored up several pounds for my winter hibernation. Bears are SOOOOO lucky. They just come out all svelt and slim in the spring. Just in time for swimsuit season.

2) McDreamy, McSteamy, McVet--oh my! (If you don't know what I'm talking about. The rock you've been under is too big.)

3)Danny Bonaduce is trying to rev up his acting career by playing in a guest spot on CSI. Only, he is dead the entire episode! Way to work those acting chops. (Sorry, I just thought that was too funny.)

4) I just made the best batch of chocolate chip cookies I have made ever. EV-ER!

5) I have recently realized I am going to miss the "We Wanna Meet" deal here in DFW. It's the only weekend my MIL has a day off from school. So, while all you cool ladies are here (in Dallas) I'll be there (in Sweetwater).

6) The good news is that I love my MIL and am very excited to see her! I'm not just saying that either. She doesn't even read my blog.

7) Because of #1 and #4, I am going to get up at 6:30am tomorrow and go for a run.

8) Did I mention how good those cookies are. Excuse me while I go have another.

9) I used said cookies to teach Reia 9 times 2, 3 and 4. I don't know if she actually got it, but since they were there, I thought we'd count it as school. Do you think God will keep the calories out of my body since I turned it into a lesson? ...........Me either.

10) Last, but the most important, please be in prayer for Theresa. Her surgery has turned into two surgeries. She has had several complications and will hopefully be released tomorrow. I will let her give y'all the details since I don't have her permission to do that.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Robin, here are the three reasons I do not like this post.

#1) Poor Theresa, I hope she is okay.
#2) I can't reach your cookies
#3) You what? You won't be able to meet? I can't breathe!!! We need to talk!

Barb said...

I kind of thought Lauren might not love it that you can't meet. But I sure understand.

I hope T-Lo's OK. I hope someone lets us know how she's doing as soon as they can (hint, hint).

OK. That's it. I'm making chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. I personally dont' care for chocolate. But I happen to have someone arriving at my house on Wednesday who will think I hung the moon if my cookie jar is full of anything at all with chocolate in it. :-)

Jen said...

1. I had to climb out from under a rock to read this post because I might be the only one on the planet that doesn't watch Grey's Anatomy. Peer pressure is just ugly.
2. I need some of your chex mix, stat.
3. I am glad you can use life as a lesson. THAT is the point of homeschooling. Even if you get fat.
Life is hard sometimes. :)

Leslie said...

I've said a prayer for Teresa. I know that is scary.

I am reading your blog, just don't have as much time to post or comment as I once did.

Mrs. K said...

I'm quite new here at blogger. I found Theresa's blog yesterday! I'll definitely keep this in prayer

Barb said...

Hi Robin,

I just realized you mentioned a recipe for an easy pot pie in the comment you left on my Sunday Meanderings post last Sunday, a week ago. Can't find an email address for you so I hope you see this. I'd love to have the recipe if you don't mind. My email address is in my profile.

Somehow I missed your comment a week ago.

theresa said...

So has it died a slow death or what?

Leslie said...

Robin,
have you fallen into a homeschool abyss or what?