Saturday, September 23, 2006

Celebrate Good Times, Come on!

Last night we went out and celebrated my birthday (a few weeks late) with friends Greg and Richelle . We had Buca diBeppo for dinner and then Ad-Libs for entertainment afterwards.

We were all surprised that Buca wasn't all that good. I had the best meal (eggplant parmigiana) and even it wasn't stellar.

Ad-libs was indeed funny. It's a comedy troupe that requires audience participation. I particiapted by watching and laughing. It reminded me of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" with Drew Carey.

I just wanted to thank Terry for a wonderful evening, and Richelle for suggesting that we not only go out, but she made this adorable cake for me! She is quite the talented artist. (Shameless plug: if you live in the DFW area, this is her business and you should check it out.)

Ok, this is a pretty boring post, but I've only had a few hours of sleep and I really wanted ya'll to see my cake. =) I have decided I am too old and my children get up too early to stay up past midnight anymore. I am, by the way, celebrating the 6th anniversary of my 29th birthday and my hair is still it's natural color.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oooooo, first of all HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!! Sorry I got you the same card as last year. Get used to it though, I bought a box of twenty when you told me you planned on staying 29 forever.

The cake is soooooo awesome! I love cakes that look like they came from a cartoon.

Sarah's In the Midst of It said...

Cute cake!! Did you link to Richelle's business somewhere??

Oh, and happy 29th again;)

Robin said...

No, I forgot. But, it is wwww.thesweetdiva.com for anyone interested!

Susie said...

Happy late birthday! I have now celebrated my 29th birthday for almost a decade. What a beautiful cake and I'm so glad you had fun with friends. I have never been to a comedy club, but sounds like fun.

Chaotic Mom said...

What a COOL CAKE! Sorry the dinner wasn't as good, though. I like that restaurant, usually. ;)

Addie said...

It's nice to see you're not to old to be so honest! Your natural coloring is gorgeous! ;-) Happy Birthday!!! That Richelle is a whiz!

BooMama said...

Happy Birthday and all that :-) but that cake? Cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. IN MY LIFE.

And I SO still have my natural color.

;-)

Minnie said...

LOVE the cake! She is so super-talented. And Happy Anniversary of your 29th B-Day!!!

I haven't had my natural hair color since I was 19. Talk about being prematurely gray!!!

Amanda said...

Is that girl making millions yet? I have always told her she could be super famous! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Oh and I ordered that book you mentioned the other day about teach your child to read. I found on Amazon pretty cheap!

Melanie said...

That is an insanely cute cake. Happy Belated Birthday!