Tuesday, August 15, 2006

That Did NOT Just Happen...

Big plans today--that's what I had.

1. Go to the bank
2. Go to the Dollar Tree for Mini-me to spend the $3 she found in a purse I gave her to play with that was now burning hole right through her pocket.
3. Have friend of Mini-me come over to play and entertain my kids.
4. Get 20 weeks worth of lesson plans done for homeschooling co-op classes starting in Sept.
5. Take Mini-T to meet her teacher at Mother's Day Out. aka: The one day a week I get a five hour break from saying, "No, color only on paper."
6. Come home, nap for said toddler; big kids continue play.
7. Take friend home.
8. Go to find some fun new running clothes and ridiculously affordable prices.
9. Come home, eat baked spaghetti, put kids to bed, watch tv.

Want to know what actually happened? Of course you do or you would have stopped reading a few minutes ago.

1. Go to the bank
2. Go to the Dollar Tree for Mini-me to spend the $3 she found in a purse I gave her to play with that was now burning hole right through her pocket. (The money, not the purse.)
3. Have friend of Mini-me come over to play and entertain my kids.
4. Get 20 weeks worth of lesson plans done for homeschooling co-op classes starting in Sept.
5. Richelle calls, only a few miles away. Great! Come over and we'll play as soon as I get back from MDO teacher meet and greet thing.
6. This is point where I choose poorly: As I am pulling out of the driveway, I decide to go the opposite direction than I normally go down the alley. Very focused on this change. So much so that I completely forget I am 5 mm away from our fence and the steel posts holding it up. RIP MY FRONT BUMPER ALMOST COMPLETELY OFF MY MINI-VAN.
7. Call Terry as I continue on my way to MDO meet and greet. (Because I can't miss meeting my daughter's first teacher, right?) Try to not feel like I'm calling my dad telling him I wrecked the car.
8. Come home. Call friend's mother and explain that I cannot drive anywhere else and when she is ready, could she come pick up friend?
9. Decide whether or not to duct tape the bumper back on or take it all the way off. (It was still sort of hanging on. Plastic does not cause those little sparks as you drive down the road in case you were wondering.)
10. Eat canned ravioli for dinner. Who cooks after a day like that?
11. Explain to Mini-me that it is duct tape and not duck tape.
12. Put kids to bed very early.

(My saving grace was that Richelle came over and consoled me and stayed way later than she planned. Thanks friend!)

Now my plans for tomorrow....

12 comments:

BooMama said...

Bless your heart. Oh, bless your heart. But so glad y'all are okay and no one was hurt. That's what matters.

Hey. Have fun with Sarah tomorrow. Wish I could be there with y'all!

Addie said...

Oh My Word! You poor thing! (Loved the fact that you tried not to feel like you were calling your dad. I have felt THE SAME EXACT WAY a time or two or two hundred.)

I don't know what you and Sarah are doing tomorrow, but have fun! :-) Did you really get 20 weeks worth of homeschooling done in a morning? See, that is where the previous experience in teaching REALLY comes in handy. And I would love to hear how the co-op thing works.

Big Mama said...

I can totally relate to your day because I had a similar one myself, but without the wreck. Hope tomorrow is better!

Lauren said...

SORRY! What a rough day. I don't know how you got through it. Eating ravioli out of a can, that is! ;-)

Hope you can get the van fixed quickly and cheaply.

Robin said...

Ya'll are seriously NOT seeing the humor in this? Ok, T isn't of course. But I can't help but laugh a little. Duct tape? Raioli? C'mon!

Robin said...

I mean, Ravioli--with meatballs.

Susie said...

Why do we as women delight in the fact that others go through the same crazy things each day? Sorry, but I actually love to see blogs like this. It makes me feel normal. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

theresa said...

I say tear off the bumper - they're going to do it anyway when they fix it!

I still can't believe you ate Ravioli's from a can? With meatballs??

Barb said...

Hi there Calamity Robin,

You have to see the humor in this or just sit down and start bawling. I think the duct tape would look kind of cool. I think it comes in assorted colors now, too, but my personal preference is still that darling shiney silver shade. (Say shiney silver shade ten times real fast.)

Good grief. What a day. And is there something wrong with ravioli from a can, especially if it has meatballs? Should I know this?

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Thhis is my "sitting and snorting" read of the day. I could quit reading right here. Sad for you, such fun for me. Thanks for sharing. Jeremy, our SIL, tells me no car is complete in WV without duct tape or duck tape, whichever. Maybe you could just move north?

Lori Bailey said...

Yep been there! I have even hit garage doors - several times. And when I called Brian recently to tell him that I hit a curb so hard I dented my rim, I said, "Aren't you glad I'm married to someone who doesn't make a big deal of these things like my dad did?" :)

Leslie said...

I must say "only on paper" a thousand times a day.