Friday, August 11, 2006

$30 a Month...And TOTALLY Worth It!

I bit the bullet yesterday and joined a gym that will have child care once it opens in November. Until then I will work around T's time at home to squeeze in my runs. Today was the first day. I ran, and ran, and ran. (It is currently set up with machines in a strip center.) Heaven I tell you.

It felt good to be inside the air conditioning. It felt good not to have to worry about the girls. And, it will feel even better in November when I can take them in the middle of the day, and someone will watch them, and I can shower in PEACE for pete's sake.

Amen.

**I know what you are thinking. "Didn't she just post about not posting?" Well, yes, I did. But it was really about not posting much. But some is okay. I think. Maybe the jury is still out.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Good for you! That sounds so nice!

Although we can't afford it right now, hubby and I did get a 3-day free pass to a new gym which I think has childcare, so can't wait! :)

Big Mama said...

I love the post after your post about not posting. You just remember it is always a womans' prerogative to change her mind!

the "other" Sarah said...

Hooray! I'm glad you're still posting, and I'm glad you're going to get to have mom time at the gym. I hope it works out great for you. I looooove going to work out, if for no other reason than to have some quite time to myself, and the chance to get a shower. The excercise is just a bonus for me!

Barb said...

That was good, Robin. You didn't post for one hour and 55 minutes. Great start!

Good for you joining a gym. You get fit and I'll bet the girls have fun, too.

Texas Gal said...

Good for you! I joined a club 7 years ago and have never regreted it. My kids love going to the club with me. I love exercising so much I ended up becoming an aerobics instructor. I teach everything but step and kickboxing. I can do a class, but never been able to instruct a class and do the choragraphy at the same time. Oh well! Enjoy and have fun making some new friends. (Some of my closest friends have been the people I work out with.)

Kristie Vinson said...

YEAH Robin! So, with all this running you will be running with me in the half marathon right?!!
ps. it's in December so you won't burn to death while running!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

$30 a month sounds like a deal, esp if childcare is thrown in. I can remember when Dan and Leslie were small (Sarah in school already) and I'd go to the gym. The childcare was up above, in a glassed in room. I'd be down there jumping all around and they'd have their little faces pressed to the window, wish I knew what they were thinking. I was a better mommy for the break.

Kristina P (Live Each Moment) said...

ok that's a cool idea. mine has it but little guy still take a morning nap so it's hard to find a time he isn't sleeping they offer child care.

regarding previous post: don't quit blogging, you brighten my day!