Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Cost of Our Trip to Savannah

21 hours in a car--$2.83 per gallon
one bottle of cough syrup, two pool noodles, and sunscreen--$18
Paula Deen tour in Savannah and yucky chicken salad at Uncle Bubba's Restaurant--$53
The buffet at The Lady and Sons including fried chicken, chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes and my first time to eat collard greens--$25 (Ok, so I only ate one collard green, but I did try it.)

Time Spent meeting four other fabulous blogging friends on a trip I will never forget and always treasure--PRICELESS!

Thanks so much to Theresa for flying to Dallas from Phoenix just so she could then drive 10 hours each way in the car with me; to Boomama for opening her home, her warm Southern hospitality, and a couple of tutorials; to Addie for flying to meet us; and to Lori for driving 10 hours in a car BY HERSELF WITH NO AIR to completely round out our group.

To quote Addie, "It was great to see you." Because we weren't really meeting for the first time. We really were friends before our trip even began.


**If you didn't say "awwww" just now....=)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

No Air? NO AIR??? I had more of a comment than that, until I got to that part, and my mind went numb with the heat:) That's commitment!

Barb said...

I can just imagine the time you girls had. How fun! I'm with Sarah - not at all sure I could have done the drive with the a/c.

Addie said...

K, now are you lovely ladies inferring that perhaps, just maybe, we weren't WORTH the long hot 10 hour drive? OK, so maybe we weren't. But we were SO glad she did it!

Brenda said...

So when do we get to see pictures? Huh? Huh? When?

Paulette said...

No air doesnt sound good at all to me yuck. Devoted friend to drive 10 hours with no air. Glad you had a grand time. I am meeting everyone in Dallas in Oct, of course I live in the area, no driving.
Blessings.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Can't wait to see pictures!

Tammy said...

Yes, I wanna see pictures too!
(I am so from the north but love southern things...and then to meet your blogging friends, too... that is too awesome!)

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

This was just to rub it in, right? I'm completely jealous. No AC and all.

Faith said...

I wish I had known about this- I would've gone with y'all!

BooMama said...

It was priceless. I'm just now getting a chance to really think about it - and it was so much fun. SO much fun. :-)

Robin said...

I really am ready to plan our spring trip!!