Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday

I had a totally different idea for today, but the girls and I spent the day at a friend's house for a splash day. She, like so many of us, has several plastic and blow up pools in her back yard. The kids get in and out so many times the pools seem to fill up with grass faster than the yard does. So, she bought several wide plastic tubs and filled them with water. Before the kids got in the pool(s) they had to wash their feet off. Grass in the tub of water not it in the pool! Voila! I immediately smacked myself on the head and said, "Why didn't I think of that?!"

3 comments:

Lori Bailey said...

Wow that brought back a childhood memory! We had a neighbor who used to do just that. I remember it striking me as extraordinarily tidy compared to what I was used to :)

Brenda said...

Great idea! We always used the water hose and wasted a lot of water.

Crystal said...

Mine have been using the water hose, too. I wish I'd thought of that - thanks for the idea! :)