Sunday, June 25, 2006

Speechless

I really can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was to be in the new building this morning. Everyone was so excited. The music was awesome, the sermon was awesome, God is awesome. It was interesting to walk around enjoying this magnificent place God has brought us to. A blessing to be sure. But what I really noticed were the small things that had happened over the past weeks and months that had all culminated to this event.

Tears and a smile were the only things I could garner as I stood in the worship center watching all of these people. Each one matters to God and He allows us to be a part of changing their lives each week. So, this is really a shout of praise to the one from whom all blessings flow. Wow, what a blessing.

(I'll post pics when I get a chance.)

7 comments:

Kristie Vinson said...

I loved the new place. Brian is going to start voluneteering with media there again and I...well, infants anyone?? Sign me up. Every other week that is!! :)

theresa said...

Sweet! I prayed for TONS of people to come thru the doors and that they would be overflowing. Can wait to hear the niddy griddy details!

BTW - They did have some awesome people doing all the work you know!! :)

Sarah said...

Robin, P. said it was great. I wish I could've been there. Maybe after surgery . . .

Sarah said...

Oh, and how do you like the picture? It cracked me up--P. and I took it of ourselves in CA on New Year's Eve. I cut him out--figured he didn't want to be in it!

BooMama said...

Hey - I'm going to try to call you on my way back to AL tomorrow (cooperative toddler being the key to that) b/c I want to hear details! So glad everything went well....

Holly said...

I so wish I could have been there since Uptown was my baby 1.5 years ago when it was just starting! Alas my duties at GV kept me from coming. I plan to get out there one weekend soon to see the place and all my old croonies! Glad you were able to be there. Robin!

Holly Bennett

Addie said...

"Tears and a smile were the only things I could garner as I stood in the worship center watching all of these people. Each one matters to God and He allows us to be a part of changing their lives each week."

I loved that! I'm often amazed that God considered me worthy enough for this high calling!

So, so happy for you guys. OK, so has Terry and everyone involved fallen into a deep deep sleep to recover?