Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's Working For Me?

Well, Bev tagged me to do a little Works for Me Wednesday, which I think was originated with Shannon. I have thought and thought and thought about this, and what I have realized is that nothing works for me. Ok, I'm totally kidding. Here's what I have for now, and it may be the only tip I can ever think of. (When you are not OCD or anal this is a hard meme.)

I get tired of going through all of my cookbooks for one or two recipes. So, now that we have a copier at home (for homeschooling) I make copies of those one or two or five I use from that one book and put them in a binder labeled "Mommy's Recipes". This way I can put a majority of my cookbooks away to look through when I have a little down time or want to try something new. Plus my binder folds nice and flat unlike most cookbooks. Why they don't spiral bind them all is beyond me.

7 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I collect cookbooks and this is still a great idea! Minimalist - I love it!

Robin said...

I collect them too. I love to sit down in free time (not that I have much of that right now) and go through all of my books. I had to get rid of about 50 when we moved. I still have about 50 in the cabinet. My mother in law has 100's! I love to visit her house in the summer. We sit all day and never get bored.

theresa said...

Good idear! I've been wanting to organize mine too and still debating how to do it this is a good thought.

Maria said...

I too, amd a collector of cookbooks, But I started this very thing this year and am loving it!

Barb said...

I do exactly the same thing and it works! I have a cookbook addiction. I have a cookbook called The Cape Cod Kitchen for heaven's sake and I live in Colorado! I do use them but when I find a recipe I really like, it's a lot easier to copy it than it is to remember which cookbook it was in. Everyone out there should try your system!

Sarah said...

I'm feeling like a fish out of water. I don't love cooking. I don't love cookbooks. I love EATING! And for that, I just need to live in DFW, where I can get any type of food, at any time of the day. :) But I do love your tip--if I had a copier, I'd definitely do this!! See, this is why you'd better not stop blogging!!!!

PEZmama said...

I love this idea. I just gave away some cookbooks because I never use them. I am on my decluttering kick and I just don't want them around.

But I wasn't sure what to do with the cookbooks that I DO use one or two recipes from. (I have a bunch of post-its sticking out of one of them to mark all the recipes that the family likes.)

So I may have to do a binder. It will reduce cookbook clutter. AND, it will be easier to keep the cookbook open. (I agree. They really should spiral bind them... but I don't care now because I am NOT GETTING ANY MORE COOKBOOKS!)