Monday, May 15, 2006

Phone Fast

I'm not sure why, but I could not just "get it together" last week. Completely and utterly non-motivated. I didn't do my LBY Bible study, I didn't really clean, and my meals were pretty blah. I was on the phone most of every day, my poor kids. When I wasn't on the phone I was watching that blasted boob tube. Every day before I knew it 4 pm rolled around and I had barely brushed my teeth. (No, I'm not depressed; in case you were wondering.) This was not on account of me not having a lot on my plate. I really did/do. I was just totally uninterested in any of it. I'm making myself sound like a superb human being, aren't I?

So, this week I am having a phone and "mostly" tv fast. I say "mostly" because the season finale of Grey's comes on tonight and AI is tomorrow and Wed. But I promise that is it! The phone fast is happening simply because I really don't know when to stop talking. If I am on the phone you are almost guaranteed a 1 hour conversation unless someone beeps in or you have to go. When I have about 5 different people I talk to a day..well, you can see where that adds up.

I have been planning this for a while in response to Lori's post on being present with your kids. I know that I am not nearly enough. So there you have it! If you call and I don't answer, just email me!

On another completely unrelated matter. I can't believe I said this to my kids last week. As we were in the car about to be on our way to a meeting I asked Reia if she wanted Froot Loops on the way as a snack or fries from Chick Fil A (love them, don't you?). She said Froot Loops and I looked her square in the face and said, "Well, I am stopping for fries and I am NOT sharing with you." Am I 5 years old or what? I'm submitting my mother of the year ballot later today.

11 comments:

theresa said...

Just to let you know I am suffering big time from this mornings lack of "Robin chat" but I'll be a good friend and leave you alone. Thank goodness your not doing a "Blog Fast" I don't think I could handle both!

P.S. I promise the only time I'll call this week is if we sell our house! OR, if I'm pregnant! J/K

hcreek7 said...

You sound kind of like a friend of mine who posted about "May-hem", the special month of craziness that it can be.
http://flamyngo.blogspot.com/2006/05/may-hem.html
I think we are ready for a break in the routine of school and ready to welcome summer, but we have to finish well these last two weeks.

See you on Friday! I found a sitter so my hubby is coming after my DS' play.

Addie said...

First - THANK YOU for sharing the Chick-fil-A story! That is so something I would say, and then of course feel a little guilty afterwards. (not guilty enough to share the fries though!) :D

Second - I hate it when I have weeks like this, only I don't always do anything about it. I just sit and hope the feeling goes away on it's own! ;-) And like Ms. T-LO I'm glad it's not a blog fast. Besides, I think it's really important that you document how your phone/TV fast goes! ;-)

Sarah said...

That's very sad, Robin, because if I were up to talking on the phone, which I pretty much am, and find time when both babies are asleep, which seems to be happening, I guess I can't call you. *sigh* hee-hee!

BooMama said...

I really don't talk on the phone that much, but a computer fast? Or a blog fast? Or an email fast? You'd find me trembling and drooling in a corner. :-) All that to say, I think it's great that you're taking what Lori wrote about to heart.

Chick Fil A fries are the best. And have you had their ice cream? I promise it's as good as homemade. LOVE their ice cream.

Web2earn said...

Hello,

I tried to put together a list of some of the most profitable WAHBs you can try as a work at home parent. You can see the list of work at home business ideas on my website, web2earn.com. It’s still an open list, so if you have any new ideas or suggestions, I’d be more than happy to hear them.

I also plan to review each business opportunity in greater detail, when my time permits it, and turn my website in a prime location for WAHB information.

Warm regards,

Mihai

Susie said...

You are so funny. I love the honesty in your posts. I have wanted to comment, but I use typepad. Today I finally set up an account.

Praying for your Prodigal said...

Well thank goodness you are not doing a blog-fast!

I have done Beth Moore studies before...and all of us experienced what we called an attack of the enemy! Many of us felt the same way you are. Instead of going to the Word with her study--we watched TV...took a nap....or cleaned the house...for goodness sake! I don't think the enemy likes Beth Moore studies...they are transforming!

And....I think the fact that you said what you said...qualifies you for Mother of the Year! It's REAL!

Diane

Texas Gal said...

Your post reminds me of that song "There'd be days like this my mama said mama said, there'd be days like this mama said"...That is the only part I remember, but the part does apply to us all!!!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

phonefast.....I read where Lisa Whelchel did a "making decisions" fast, as a way to strengthen her husband's leadership in their home. That convicted/inspired me. Phone fast - that might actually get this house cleaned up, and supper on the table! Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

Virginia (Jenny) said...

Ha! I love you blog site! It's so refreshing to hear the truthful side of homemaking. Sometimes it's bliss, and sometimes it's so incredibly hard. I'm not that honest on my site because so many from church read it that I have to see 4 times a week. I need a secret site! LOL! Come see my site if you like.

http://amazingsix.blogspot.com