Friday, May 19, 2006

Life is Fun(ny)


Life is Fun(ny)
Originally uploaded by robinstorch.
Last night the band director at the high school I attended retired/moved on after 24 years. (I think he is going to a Jr. High) So, any former band member was invited to play the last song of the spring concert which was always "Stars and Stripes Forever".

I was amazed at the turnout and it was tons of fun to see people I haven't seen in 17 years. Actually, what was more amazing was two of those people literally looked like they did when we graduated. Most of us have spread just a little, greyed a little more, or just covered themselves in tatoos.

A small group of us decided to converge on Razoos after the concert and visit for a while. It is so fun to share memories, "remember whens" and find out what everyone is up to now in the way of kids, careers and locations.

It's funny, when I look at this picture I don't see adults in their mid thirties, I really flash back to what we all looked like our senior year, although some of us probably look better now!

Thanks guys! I had a great time. Of course, I haven't stayed up that late in years. It'll take me three nights of four extra hours of sleep just to catch up.

5 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Good for you for going - that took guts! I waited til my 20th and after not seeing any of them til then I didnt recognize many. They were likely thinking the same thing.

Going makes you at least glad youre not in high school anymore!

PS How did I ever think your hair was blonde? Was I sleep deprived? Jetlag?

Robin said...

Well, my hair has only been about a dozen colors! You could have seen me in a blonde period. I am going today to get it all cut off! I'll post a pic of that later.

BooMama said...

Oooh, can't wait to see a pic of the haircut. Mine is down to my shoulders almost, which is reallly long for me, and I'm contemplating getting it chopped. I think it's time.

And I bet you did have so much fun...I love seeing people I haven't seen in forever and catching up. Hope you get some sleep....

Sarah said...

Chopping your hair? Really? That sounds fun! (Except that I did just that recently, and now I'm desperately trying to get it to grow down to my shoulders!!) Be sure to send me a picture:)f

Barb said...

Sarah, I love your hair the length it is now. Adorable.

And Robin, flashing back to the way you all looked 17 years ago is exactly what I was talking about in my girl in the mirror post. I don't think it ever stops. I haven't seen my high school boyfriend in 38 years and in my mind he looks exactly the same as he did in 1968! Which canNOT be true.