Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Froot Loops and a Roly Poly

I was just about to go to bed after a long day ending with a two hour prep meeting at the church for Adventure Week this summer. Per my normal habit, I went to the restroom, and when I looked in the potty I spotted the 40 or so brightly colored Froot Loops taking a dip. Suddenly all of the chaos of the day came back to me. I have to record this for posterity, so bear with me!

Here is the list of items that I have retreived from my youngest today:
1) One Lancome Mascara wand--Unfortunately, this was after she had applied said mascara to her face.

2) One lipstick tube with half eaten contents. --I didn't like the color that much anyway.

3) 8 jewelry making beads from Reia's jewelry kit--They came tumbling out like a little waterfall when I told her to "spit it!"

4) One Roly Poly--Thank goodness it hadn't made it into her mouth yet.

5) Several containers of my Arbonne face care system--She had removed the pumper lids and put them in her mouth. When I yelled, "Spit it!" they just came flying out onto the floor. I am surprised she can't already say "spit it" since she hears it so much!

6) A package of teeny tiny rubber bands that I use to do her hair.--Did I mention she had turned the package upside down and emptied the contents all over the floor? Yeah, about 250 teen tiny rubber bands. Did I mention they were TEENY TINY?

7) The cup with my Diet Dr. Pepper--She pushed a chair over to the bar area and preceded to help herself. At least she comes by that addiction honestly.

Someday she will have a child just like herself.....and I am gonna laugh and laugh and laugh!

10 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

i can relate on a much more personal level to all that now! if you had to have one that didnt make it into the mouth, roly poly was a good one. Theres comfort in knowing others are also going crazy!

BooMama said...

I also use Lancome mascara.

I also use the Arbonne skincare system.

I also enjoy diet Dr. Pepper.

Clearly, we are destined to be friends.

:-)

Texas Gal said...

I have read your blog on and off for about a year. Your stories about you children are very enjoyable. Your youngest and my youngest son sound like they come from the same batch. I finally decided to take up blogging. I have been blessed by so many other blogger, I thought I would return the favor. I don't know you, but you appear to be very attentive and balanced mom. Keep up the good work. -Bernadette

Michelle said...

SO, your blog is so timely - I'm at the point today where I feel like "I want to quit this job" about motherhood, you've got to check my blog's picture today to see for yourself, but I KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE today! It did not escape my attention that you retrived all this stuff TODAY!

Barb said...

Are you sure those rubber bands were teeny tiny? You know, there aren't a heck of a lot of reasons I'm real glad I'm 55, but this is one reason I AM! I'm with Bev, I don't know how on earth we ever survived this stage. Chin up. Before you know it, it's over and it's the grandkids putting everything they can grab into their mouths. Who do they do that? I never have understood why every single thing goes in the mouth.

theresa said...

Good one, sounds like Reese and Claire are destined to be friends!!

Virginia (Jenny) said...

Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!

If you want to see a really nice poem I put on my blog site it's at:

http://amazingsix.blogspot.com

Anne Jackson said...

Yes, happy mother's day - enjoyed reading this. We have two cats and although they are entertaining, I have never had to flush a "bowl" of fruit loops... :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my word...our girls...I promise, cut from the same cloth! How old is she again? I'm pretty sure they are close in age.

It would be fun to get them together but I'm kind of far from you BUT, I will let you know if I come to Texas. I have family there and friends and would love to come visit soon.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! You deserve a day off...hee hee...like that will happen!

:-)

Chaotic Mom said...

I need to go check on my son now.