On Friday while getting ready for my date with my hubby, I got out of the shower to find Reese on the floor eating Excedrin Tension medicine like they were Skittles. Poison Control said we had to go to the emergency room because it can cause heart failure. Although they LIED, the statement had me at the ER within about 15 min.
Fast forward 4 hours: her levels of tylenol are toxic to her system, she is having a tube inserted into her stomach so they can give her charcoal and meds. She pulls the tube out and vomits up the charcoal. So, they have to do it again. Also, the are sending us to Children't Medical center in Dallas via ambulance.
We do finally get into a private room about 4 am, 12 hours after this all started. Fast forward again to today. As of her 6am blood test, all the toxins are out and her liver function is fine. Her liver was the organ to be worried about by the way. We were discharged at noon and we are all happy to be home and on our way to sleeping in our own beds tonight.
Sorry, there are tons of details left out, but this is the basic and most important. The main thing is that she is great. Still a tornado on two feet--and I wouldn't change a thing!