Sunday, April 09, 2006

Long Story as Short as Possible

On Friday while getting ready for my date with my hubby, I got out of the shower to find Reese on the floor eating Excedrin Tension medicine like they were Skittles. Poison Control said we had to go to the emergency room because it can cause heart failure. Although they LIED, the statement had me at the ER within about 15 min.

Fast forward 4 hours: her levels of tylenol are toxic to her system, she is having a tube inserted into her stomach so they can give her charcoal and meds. She pulls the tube out and vomits up the charcoal. So, they have to do it again. Also, the are sending us to Children't Medical center in Dallas via ambulance.

We do finally get into a private room about 4 am, 12 hours after this all started. Fast forward again to today. As of her 6am blood test, all the toxins are out and her liver function is fine. Her liver was the organ to be worried about by the way. We were discharged at noon and we are all happy to be home and on our way to sleeping in our own beds tonight.

Sorry, there are tons of details left out, but this is the basic and most important. The main thing is that she is great. Still a tornado on two feet--and I wouldn't change a thing!

13 comments:

Addie said...

Oh. My. Goodness! You guys must have been so worried! I'm so glad to hear everything is ok. Now, go get a good nights rest!!

Shelley said...

Goodness gracious. My heart is pounding for you. So glad she is okay.

I think I'm going to have one of those tornados too.

Robin said...

That bed thing is looking so good. Reese went to bed at 4pm and I'm about to follow. Don't know if she'll wake up or sleep through, butI'n not about to wake her!

theresa said...

I praise God that Reese is home safe and that the doctor's were successful in her recovery. Love you guys, sleep well. (I know I can too now.)

Lauren said...

So glad that everything is okay. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Kristina P (Live Each Moment) said...

That is so scary. I hope that she is ok.

melinda said...

Just wanted to say I'm sooo glad everything turned out okay! God is good! We didn't go through quite the ordeal like you but our son ate some Excedrin Migraine once too...

Blair said...

I'm with Addie in saying "OH MY GOODNESS!"

I'm sooo so glad she's ok. Man, what an ordeal! Hope you enjoyed your night out.

((HUGS))

eph2810 said...

Oh dear - I had no idea. Oh, God is so good. I am glad that you are all doing fine.

Faith said...

Oh my!! bless y'alls hearts. so scary. I am so glad all is well.

Nancy said...

How scary! I am so glad she turned out fine.

Rachel said...

Oh how very scary! I can imagin ethe heart pounding you had as you raced her to the ER. I am so glad to hear she is well! Praise God!

flipflop said...

Oh my! I'm glad she is okay. Very stressfull for everyone. God continues to work.