Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Detail

When we were in the ER with Reese on Friday night and she was having her tube inserted for the second time, Reia was standing outside the door with me. I was trying, with no luck of course, not to cry hysterically in front of her as to not scare her. So, I asked her if we could take a second and pray for baby Reese. I was on my knees in front of her in a hospital gown, and expecting to pray for us when she grabbed my hands, closed her eyes and just started praying. "God, please heal Reese and make her all better."

Then I cried even harder. And, it's making me cry now just thinking of it. Anyway, just one of the many details I didn't put into the original post that I thought was worth mentioning.

**I was in a hospital gown because she had vomited all over my clothes. So, it was hospital gown or naked. You can see where it wasn't much of a dilemma.

5 comments:

theresa said...

k, did you read my post on Crying a river...got me all teared up again!! So glad your home...

Faith said...

How pure and sweet. that would have brought ya to your knees if you hadn't already beeen on them. I am so glad little Reese is doing better.

Faith said...

I went to check out Sarah's site. Very nice!

Kristina P (Live Each Moment) said...

how wonderful to hear your children pray...

Jen said...

Robin, I am so glad Reese is okay. That must have been so scary for you guys. God is so good and faithful and we will praise Him that everything turned out okay! I miss you tons, I saw Reia Sun night, she is so beautiful and getting so big. I love that she prayed for her sister...there is NOTHING better for a mom's heart than her child's prayer!
Call me soon :)