Heather encouraged the LBY group to post our 10 simple pleasures. I think it is a wonderful idea and have enjoyed reading several others. So, here are mine.
1. An afternoon nap where both girls are either asleep or at grandma's so I can really rest. Not just lay there and pretend to nap with one eye and ear open.
2. Snuggling and reading books with Reia at night before she goes to bed.
3. When Reese actually lets me rock her to sleep. I love it when you feel them give way into slumber leaning up against you.
4. Date night with my husband. (Tonight was Thai food and a Ranger's game.)
5. Standing in front of the kitchen window when the temperature is just right and a cool breeze is blowing through. I could do dishes all day like that.
6. When Reese runs up to me with her arms wide open and just falls into my arms laughing and smiling.
7. Watching Terry and the girls play hide and seek when he gets home from work. Reese always runs after Terry and gives away his spot by pointing and shrieking at him. I think Reia has secretly trained her. If Reese isn't playing, Reia immediately walks up to me and asks, "Have you seen Daddy?"
8. Finding the perfect gift for someone I care about.
9. Sitting outside when it is about 75 degrees and reading a book while the girls play in the backyard.
10. Listening to Reia pray.