Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Eyes Have It


The original CSI is one of my favorite t.v. shows. Normally, all of the gore and guts doesn't bother me; it looks pretty fake. But this last weeks episode about put me over the edge. They had this "eye" thing going on. Needles in eyes, pulling them out (of db's of course) and finding notes on secret eye transplants, were all in the first 15 minutes. I really thought I was going to have to skip it.


I really get grossed out when it comes to eyes. It's the reason I won't have lasic no matter how much it would save me in contacts and frustration every day. None the less, I watched the rest of the episode and decided the whole thing was pretty creepy. It was one of those nights when I kept repeating Phil. 4:8 "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise--dwell on these things." so I could get to sleep.


Yes, I often wonder why I put such creepy things in my head to begin with. Maybe some day I will learn my lesson, but probably not before next week's CSI!

1 comment:

praynlady said...

CSI is one of our favs as well and last weeks episode really got me. Who would want to keep body parts in a freezer instead of giving them back to the loved ones? The guy really freaked me out. Especially when the urn is returned and the little girl asks, "Is that my daddy"? Criminee. I missed this past week with the eye thing so I will have to wait till it's a re-run I guess, though it sounds like I didn't miss too much!