Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cooking Rule #1


I am not a big seafood eater. Actually, I can't stand it unless it has Mrs. Paul's on the box or comes from Long John Silver's. (Even then I dip it in ketchup.) So, when I found a fish at Costco that I loved to eat, I was thrilled. It is a lime and tortilla crusted tilapia and comes in the frozen section. It was suggested to me by my friend Holly as a quick and delicious dinner. She was absolutely right.


We have been eating the tilapia for a while now so I decided to go out on a limb and try another frozen seafood item from Costco. This time we had orange and ginger crusted cod. I knew cod was another light fish, so how bad could it be? Let me tell you it was SO bad, after Terry and I both had one bite and I immediately went, turned the oven back on, and pulled the always handy frozen pizza out of the freezer. The fish is now down the disposal and I will give the remaining frozen package away. That is, if I can get anyone to take it. Blech! Of course, I won't be on any new fishy adventures for a while.


So my cooking rule #1 is to always keep a frozen pizza on hand. We do and now I know why.

7 comments:

Kristina P (Live Each Moment) said...

LOL. I love cooking, so much. But I too keep a frozen pizza in the freezer.

PEZmama said...

Salmon. Swordfish. Both expensive, but have you tried them? Oh, so good.

But I do like seafood, so maybe you don't want to take my advice.

And frozen burritos are a great OOPS meal too.

Addie said...

Costco has some yummy salmon filet's that are vacumn sealed all seperately. My mom has this great grilling recipe where she wraps each one in foil with dijon mustard and brown sugar. They crust up so pretty. Too bad brown sugar isn't very healthy! :-)

I know fish is so very good for you but I'm not real good at trying to fix it. Is the lime and tortilla crusted tilapia easy to make? It sounds good.

praynlady said...

I love fish but not the "fishy" taste. I cook a great filet of any kind of fish with a slice of lemon, a slab of butter, salt and pepper and a wedge of onion. Wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Wonderful over rice and the sauce from the lemon and butter make it great to pour over the rice. Don't give up, just try another style. (but keep a pizza handy just in case!)

Elizabeth said...

Oh my! We have done that so many times. It's either the frozen pizza or anything else we have frozen in the freezer from the Schwan's man. I do love Tilapia! I've never ventered to try another type yet...now I don't think I will.

Stephanie said...

Hey Robin. Click HERE for printed news story about that kid....although you really need speakers because the video and the interview are really neat!

teachingmum1970 said...

Can I add my vote to the people who said try Salmon? It's very good for you too!