Saturday, December 10, 2005

In Transition

Well, we have made the move to my parents house for the next three weeks. I have heard that you can never go home again, but I'm here to tell you that you can and I have. For the next three weeks anyway.

I'm not sure from where the phrase derives. My parents' home will always be mine to a certain extent. I feel comfortable here. Reia is sleeping in the room I grew up in; and at the age of 34, I just realized that my sister's room is bigger than mine. How'd that happen? ; )

My mom is a great cook, but I am trying to be a help and not a hindrance, so I have offered to cook dinners while we are here if she will handle the Christmas day food and festivities. I think I am getting the better deal on that one. All of this makes me feel like a grown up.

When I was a teenager--a quite selfish one at that--after my mom had made this fabulous spread, I would go take a nap. I didn't mind helping at all. But sleep has always been more important to me and I could clean later. By the time I got up from my food coma nap, the work was all done. Sorry about that mom. Now that I have to do all of the work, I realize what a pain in the rump I was!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the holidays at the parents. I bet we have some great memories this year!

No comments: