Friday, December 30, 2005

7:7:2006

Okay, I've been tagged enough times to get on the ball and do this. Don't ask me why I decided to do this today. I'm supposed to be packing for the move. Hum..procrastination maybe?

7 Things I would love to do before I die:

1. Watch my girls accept Christ, grow up, graduate, get married to Godly, good looking, financially stable men, have kids (Not too much to ask I don't think.)
2. Learn how to REALLY sew. (I have a great machine I don't deserve based on my skill level.)
3. Learn how to cook like Rachel Ray, Paula Dean and Michael Chiarello
4. Take a long vacation to Italy with Terry
5. Learn to speak Spanish fluently
6. Run a 10K
7. Bring someone to Christ--Love that one Theresa!

7 Things I Cannot Do:

1. Sing
2. Get a Cliche' right
3. Dance --I have zero rhythm
4. Grill Meat
5. Play Any Sport--I don't have any coordination either
6. Sit and Scrapbook for Hours
7. Decorate--Although I love to try.

7 Things That Attract Me to Terry:

1. His desire to follow Christ and His will for our family to the ends of the earth
2. His generosity
3. His priorities are right on
4. The way he looks and laughs when he plays with the girls after work
5. Our date nights
6. His leadership abilities--at home and work.
7. And, of course, he's a total Hottie!

7 Things I Say Most Often:

1. "That is NOT okay with me."--usually to Reia about some behavior.
2. "Do everything without arguing or complaining."--We've been working on this verse for a while.
3. "I know I've been on the phone for a while. Mommy promises she'll be off in just a minute."
4. "Am I talking on the phone? Please don't interrupt." Actually, #3 usually follows #4.
5. "Did you wash your hands? Let me smell to make sure."
6. "Can you ask me nicely?"
7. "We don't have to stop and eat at McDonald's just because we see it."

7 Books or Series That I Love: in no particular order

1. The Mission of Motherhood: Sally Clarkson
2. The Power of a Praying Wife/Parent: Stormie O'martian
3. My Antonia: Willa Cather
4. Work:Louisa May Alcott
5. Anything by Shel Silverstein or Sandra Boynton--Yeah, yeah, I know. But I read A LOT of kids books.
6. The Bible--Haven't read it all the way through. But, what I have read I highly recommend. =)
7. TerryStorch.com

7 Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again:

1. The Princess Bride--"Marrwaige, marrwaige is what bwings us togever today..."
2. The Breakfast Club--Yeah, I'm a little stuck in the '80's
3. Gross Pointe Blank
4. Ray
5. Walk the Line
6. Elf
7. Toy Story/Toy Story 2/ A Bug's Life

I know there are thousands of fab movies out there, but I am not a big movie person.

7 People I Want to Join In:

1. Holly
2. Amy Alvarez
3. Orange Hazel--You know who you are. Now, start a blog already!
4. Cora--This could be your first post! Hint Hint.
5. Branden
6. Terry--Don't really expect #5 or #6 to participate. But you're tagged anyway.
7. Lori Bailey

3 comments:

K. Todd Storch said...

Robin,

This is a wonderful post! My brother is very lucky to have you as his wife.

Thank you for being such a blessing to him and our family. You are a real inspiration and I love you very much!

Todd
www.businessthoughtsblog.com

Matt Murph said...

Hey Robin. This was a very enjoyable post! And so very comprehensive as well! I think if I wrote a list of things I can’t do.... It would probably crash my PC : ). But I’m tempted anyway. I also have to mention a few things in response to a couple items that made your lists.

Vacation to Italy – I agree. You should go. For a long time. I HIGHLY recommend http://www.cross-pollinate.com/ to find a place to stay. Not only can you save tons of money by avoiding hotels (especially in Venice), you can have your own apartment while your there! ! ! It’s the coolest. I also recommend taking guided tours of the Forum/Coliseum (in Rome) and of the Vatican (St. Peters, Sistine Chapel, Vatican City & its museums…). It will make it way more special. I can get you some names if you want them. I can’t say enough about Rome. Uffizi and Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence are must sees as well. Also, if you stay for a while in Siena (40 min from Florence), you can treat it like home base and make tiny day trips to a ton of great Tuscan towns.... I highly recommend that too... I’ll leave it at that.... because I can go all day....

I would never have guessed that you would like Grosse Point Blank. Hilarious & Bizarre for sure.

Stephanie said...

I love these things! Thanks for playing along!!!

I love the Princess Bride too! I bet I've watched it 50 times! It's a classic!