Sunday, November 20, 2005

Harder than I Thought

Things are changing at a break-neck pace in my world. The house is sold, we could be in contract on another by tomorrow. We will have to store our stuff until after the first of the year when we could move into the house and live at my parent's home until then. We have started packing even though I have 15 people coming over for Thanksgiving on Thursday.

I don't think it really hit me until this weekend. I walked Reia down to the corner of the street and met up with Katharine's mom to pass her off. It was just so beautiful outside. Gorgeous weather, quite neighborhood and I thought about the fact that we have less than a month before we won't be able to do this anymore.

Then Saturday hit. Michelle (another good friend of mine with her house on the market) finished packing her house, the movers came and they were gone. I won't walk to her house anymore either. Well, I guess I could. But I suppose I would look pretty silly just standing at her door with no one home. I cried pretty good over that. Glad we both have free long distance. We can still talk on the phone like nothing has changed--even though it has.

So, between now and December 12th (the day we have to be out), it will just get worse. Everyone in and out of town for the holidays. We'll keep packing and be gone. Just like that.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I said a prayer for you this morning. I know this is hard. Some of us (me sometimes) have to be made completely miserable before we will change anything about our lifestyles. Others, like you right now, obey God in the beginning, and so its still hard, but in a better way. Does that make any sense? Anyway, I'm praying that God will help you in this process, but I'm also thanking Him for your willingness to go with His plan.

Robin said...

Thank you and keep praying for that willingness. I so want to be in God's "zone" (as Ed called it this weekend), but deep down I am still sorely disappointed that all the plans Terry and I had are not going to happen. I think I still have this speck of hope that it will just "go back". But, I know God's plan is better than anything I could imagine for myself.

hcreek7 said...

Now that I have made this type of move a few times, I know what you are going through. Someone this time said to give myself about 6 months to feel like the new home was actually "home", and I do think it took about that long before I felt settled in. Give yourself some grace to adjust to the new place. Leaving behind dear friends was the hardest and God has been gracious to begin new friendships. Boy, am I thankful!

Kristie Vinson said...

God is amazing. He kept you from moving to Wellington when you so desired it. Just think, you could have had to move again! He knew where he wanted to take you and Terry and that is all that matters. When you are hooked up with God and following his way, he will lead, you give you peace, restore your weariness, and yes, bring you more amazing friends to add to the pot. Just don't forget those of us still in Denton! :) God has certainly changed your lives--good for better--and just think--it's a wild ride and you never know where he is going to take you next...be faithful beloved. You are in his hands and what a wonderful place to be.

Kristie Vinson said...

God is amazing. He kept you from moving to Wellington when you so desired it. Just think, you could have had to move again! He knew where he wanted to take you and Terry and that is all that matters. When you are hooked up with God and following his way, he will lead you, give you peace, restore your weariness, and yes, bring you more amazing friends to add to the pot. Just don't forget those of us still in Denton! :) God has certainly changed your lives--good for better--and just think--it's a wild ride and you never know where he is going to take you next...be faithful beloved. You are in his hands and what a wonderful place to be.