Monday, October 17, 2005

Menu Planning

I posted recently about menu planning, and that I would put an example out here. So here is what the Storches are having for the next two weeks.

15th: Red Beans and Rice with Sausage
16th: Chicken and Dumplings at Holly's
17th: Tortilla and Lime Crusted Talapia (Costco's) and a spicy corn dish
18th: Rotissere Chicken Salad
19th: Baked Spaghetti
20th: Pork Chops, Garlic Green Beans, Salad
21st: Leftover Spaghetti
22nd: Tortellini Soup
23rd: Indian Summer Turkey Chilli
24th: Chicken Parmesean
25th: Leftover Chilli
26th: Grilled Chicken with Cheesy Ranch New Red Potatoes
27th: Grilled Southwest Burgers and Fries
28th: Salsa Chicken and Rice
29th: Black Bean Veggie Soup
30th: Eat at the Bacus'
31st: Halloween and Out to Eat

I get bored with recipes pretty easily and visit allrecipes.com pretty often. So there you have it. If I can keep from going out to eat for lunch now I should save calories and money!

4 comments:

The Sweet Diva said...

Thanks for the posting. Now the pressure is on. I guess I will have to break away from the ham- steak, macaroni & green bean dinner! I really do cook other things...
I love the menu plan! It makes mealtime so much more fun! I would feel like have really accomplished something if I actually had a plan for our dinners. I am usually scrounging through the pantry around 5:30 for what we are going to have for dinner! And of course lunch is a no brainer.. PBJ or chicken nuggets????? LOL

praynlady said...

I absolutely loved this idea. I am going to try it myself. I do sort of the same thing but not for as long a period. It makes it simpler to see it out for a couple of weeks instead of a few days at a time. I am glad you came by to visit. Please say a prayer for me as tomorrow I go in to have another surgery on my back. This is a very minor one compared to the others but I am always nervous with each "new" one they tell me I have to have. I am really suffering with the inablity to walk as some nerves are pinched and it is very painful so I am not sure how I am going to do this. (sorry about the long version). I would just like it if you could add me to your prayer list tomorrow.

Leslie said...

WOW! Can we come over. It's worth the drive! One thing I do is buy a rotisserie chicken. They are about 5.00. I debone it right when I get home and I have chicken for salads, soups, and lunches for Caleb and Elise.

Addie said...

You are very organized! I'm impressed. There have been times that I have really sat down and planned this well, but those times are few and far between. I did just happen on a website today that I'm going to try out that is helpful for the menu challenged. It's called savingdinner.com. It's a e-mail subscription plan that you can sign-up for 3 mos. 6 mos. or 1 year subscriptions. And the part I liked was that it had several different plans. My husband is on the low-carb diet and I have trouble coming up with meals for us to all enjoy together. (Steak and bacon is not an option every night!) It had a low-carb menu as well as a crock-pot ment and a vegetarian menu. They had several other types of menus to choose from also. Anyway, you can get a sample of any of the styles and so I have a sample for the next week that I'm going to try.

OK, I should probably not have blathered on in your comments section about this, but I thought I would share. By the way, your menu looks really yummy, it's making me hungry! :-)