Monday, September 19, 2005

Too On the Go

I really try not to be a mom who is so "on the go" all the time. I would ideally like to have one day other than Sunday when we just go a get an assortment of things done. But over the past several weeks, we've been out a lot. (Hence the lack of blogging.)

When we go too much, I feel so convicted about the time, or lack of it, that I spend with the kids. When we are not able to just hang out and play without having to get household chores done, Reia starts to act out and Reese just gets out of sorts all the way around.

So, this week is a stay at home week. We'll get out for the library and ballet practice, but I really want to be a stay at home mom who stays at home for a while. I'm sure by next week I'll be stir crazy!

3 comments:

PEZmama said...

I know exactly what you are saying about kids acting up when you don't take enough time to play with them. But it always seems like doing so is to the detriment of having clean laundry or dishes etc. I am always looking for other Christian moms who will share how they keep the balance (or IF they keep the balance.) Do you schedule your day into play time and cleaning time? Do you just let dishes pile up and not worry about it? Basically, I am asking if you are able to keep your house clean AND play with your kids. If you ever get around to a post about your successes in that area, I'd really be interested in hearing.
Lori

PEZmama said...

Uuuh-
I hope that last comment didn't sound like I am trying to be the new director of your blog.

Just a happy reader who'd like to hear your thoughts.
Lori

Robin said...

Lori, I am going to do a post on this in the near future!