Thursday, September 22, 2005

SAHM Tip #1: Assume the Position

Well, I can't start a series of posts on being a SAHM without starting out with assume the position: on your knees. Each and every day we fall short of what our children need and certainly short of the glory of God.

We will never have it all together if we don't first realize it is only through His grace that we make it through each day. Being a mom is exhausting and often times overwhelming--not to dismiss the utter joy in all of that of course! So, start your days on your knees; even if it is just for a minute. Find a quick devotional book for moms or women to help jump start your day into His arms.


"Rest only in God, O my soul, for from Him my hope comes. (That my children will turn out okay.) He alone is my rock and my deliverance;(From the temper tantrum my child just threw in Target) He is my refuge; I will not stagger.(From 3am sleepy trips to the nursery) Upon God rests my salvation and my glory; my refuge is in God, the rock of my strength. Trust in Him at all times (that he has made you your children's mother for a reason), o people (mothers); pour out your hearts before Him. We have God as a refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

**Red notations added by me just so there are not misunderstandings.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I needed that this morning. Thank you!

Addie said...

Thank you! You really made that verse come alive for me. What a great verse to carry around with me. Great reminder.

praynlady said...

AMEN!