Thursday, September 22, 2005

How Do They Do It?

Let's face it, moms expect a lot of themselves. We want to have a clean house, clean, well-behaved children, laundry done at all times, a healthy wonderful tasting dinner on the table by 6 p.m., a fit body from a regimen of working out and good eating habits--all in a 24 hour day! On top of all that criteria, we want to be able to never discipline in anger and always have the most creative, and therefore impactful way, to impress Godly character on our children. Oh yeah, did I mention we have the Proverbs 31 woman as our guide?

I read a wonderful post by Addie called Patchwork in Process. It is so hard for me (and I'm not even Type A) to balance all a mom has to do; in the end I realize I am relying on myself and feeling very inadequate. So, how do moms who seem to have it all together, do it?

Lori asked if I would comment on what I do to get it all together. Tee Hee! I don't think I do have it all together and one post on that would be forever. So, since I keep forgetting my Weigh in Wednesday until Thursday, I am going to start a new series of posts with tips for the SAHM. Not to say they wouldn't be applicable for the CWM--Christian Working Mom--of course.

Let me first put the disclaimer that I DO NOT think I have it all together or right. Just keep that in mind, comment when you have some tidbit to add (which I hope you do) and enjoy!

First Post: Assume the Position

7 comments:

adams3161 said...

OF COURSE I TYPE A LOT. HOW DO YOU THINK I GET ALL THOSE REPORTS DONE AT WORK.

Addie said...

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really looking forward to reading your heart on motherhood.

Leslie said...

Great idea! This will be really useful. Coincidentally, yesterday, I posted a tip on my Blog. Shameless advertisement, I know, but it is too long really for a comment section quote. But I will leave a tip here. Design your kids room so that they can dress themselves as soon as possible. Sometimes Caleb likes to wear maroon shorts with red socks but we just go with it (I think, though, the socks might magically disappear--soon.)

Addie said...

Hey Leslie - I have actually tried to get to your blog but can't. It doesn't show up on your profile page. There might be a setting that needs to be changed in your blogger dashboard. I know Robin listed your address before, but I can't remember it and dopey me I didn't bookmark it.

Robin said...

I would put her as a link, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Some things I just have Terry do.

HaplyThinking.blogspot--for Leslie

Addie said...

Thanks! I bookmarked her.

praynlady said...

I once was told that it mattered not the conditions of messiness of my home but the conditions of the spiritual and emotional attitudes in my home. My translation is this, my home is clean but messy, but I spend every waking moment possible, with Kaylee and showing her that God takes precedence over everything and that if I don't get the vaccuming done, oh well. (I am not supposed to do the vac. yet so it's ok too) haha