Thursday, September 08, 2005

Commander in chief

ABC has a new show coming this fall called Commander in chief. It is about a female Vice President who becomes the President when the President has a stroke and is left incapacitated. I was really thinking about this yesterday and here's what I came up with.

I truly believe this is Hollywood's way to get America to mentally accept that a woman would be a good president before good ole' Hillary even runs. Kind of a subliminal message. Just so when she is running people will feel like they have already seen what a female president looks like. Make sense? Look how good the Democrats come across on The West Wing. I am a die hard conservative and I loved to watch the show every week. (Well, until Martin Sheen did that ridiculous tape over the mouth protest when the war started. At least he shut up for a while. I boycotted after that.) I really rooted for the fake President and loved the characters.

I guess the good news is, even though The West Wing is/was highly rated, the democrats still lost. Hopefully, the new show won't work either!

7 comments:

NotCarrie said...

Oh I can't STAND Hilary!

Robin said...

I thought I would leave a comment instead of saying this on the post: if you are a democrat and I have offended--it is ok for us to have differing opinions. I will not debate mine on my blog.

PEZmama said...

A conservative, stay-at-home mother of two, with Biblical friends, a link to the Fly Lady, and a really cool blog template. Hmmm. You sound a lot like someone I know.

I will be visiting again.

Lori

Addie said...

You know the show intrigue's me. I'm wondering what it will be like too. I agree with you. I think Hollywood all the time tries to do stuff like this, but it never really works like they think it will. People might really love the show but they still think what they think and believe what they believe.

I don't honestly think America is ready for President Hilary, no matter what Hollywood tries. I don't even think democrats are ready for that.

Arlan Daniels, SpG said...

Robin, I was waiting for the first episode to air before I gave my opinion...but, you stole the words right before my blog. So, I will pray that 'thinking' America will SEE this for what it really is; an infomercial & marketing scheme aimed at selling something to the public. I'll have to decide what that 'something' is on Sept 27th at 9/8c on ABC - Stay tuned!

praynlady said...

I am curious as well, but I am still praying that our first woman president, should that really happen, will not be Hilary R. Clinton. I am not sure that she is the woman I want representing me in the white house. I will watch the show because I am interested to see how they will pull it off. I was not a big fan of the West Wing, but it was interesting when I did see it.

BV said...

Just blogged about this today...
BV