Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm Going Nowhere

After listening to the news and realizing that gas is just going to keep going up until the end of September, when we might see a "slight decline" in prices, I have decided there is no place like home! I don't want to sound like one of those, "I used to walk to school, uphill, both ways, in the snow, with no shoes." kind of people, but I do remember when gas was a buck. That's it--one dollar a gallon.

It all makes me mad at the government. Although, I don't know what they can do about it really. I just figure there really isn't anyone else I can be mad at about this issue. So, surely the government can do something, right?

The price of everything seems to be going up because of this issue. Dallas even wants to raise the charge for picking up garbage to compensate for the higher gas prices. Really, I do understand this, but are they going to lower the taxes back down if or when the price of gas goes down? Doubt it.

Okay, there's my tirade. Gas is one of the things I truly hate to pay for. If it ever gets back down to a buck, you will see me dance all the way up and down the street.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

In 1994 I paid 88 cents per gallon in Georgia. Those were the days . . .

Heather said...

I too remember when it was a dollar. That was back in my college days so money was really tight back then. I kept thinking, "Who can afford to drive when gas is $1 a gallon?!" Boy, was I in dreamland. We have three cars, 2 V8's and one gas eating classic. I am entertaining the idea of selling my husbands's huge truck and getting a new gas economy car for him to drive around town (he doesn't mind this idea by the way). I figured out that I could pay a new car payment for less than what I pay for him to drive around town in gas.

Janay said...

If it's a buck why dance, when you can drive up and down the street. I remember when I bought my Civic in '98 and could fill it up for about $11 or 12 dollars. Yesterday it was $28. I wanted to cry right there by the pump. I'm feeling you on this one. There is no place like home. Anyone want to carpool?