Sunday, July 03, 2005

What I Love About my Run

7. I am either by myself or with a friend. The kids are typically at home in bed.

6. My Route: It is one big circle so I get a different view on the way out than I do on the way home.

5. My Pearl Izumi's : My new running shoes that don't necessarily make me feel like the wind, but if a bee or wasp began chasing me, I could potentially high-tail it out of there .; )

4. The Sprinklers on the Path: I pray everyone on the way is watering while I am out. Even at 8:00 p.m. it feels like 1000 degrees.

3. The Breeze or Wind: It cools me off when I am sweating like no tomorrow, and when I finally can't take anymore it pushes me along. It's one thing you don't appreciate until it isn't there.

2. My Music: I have Terry's old MP3 player loaded with a mix of 80's, Christian, Alternative and one Eminem song. (Don't roll your eyes at me. It is the song I actually run best to due to the beat. I do pray for his soul when I listen to it. Does that count?)

1. The Last Song on the Player: It is "My Sacrifice" by Creed. I can't listen to it and not be in total praise mode for the sacrifice Jesus made for me on the cross. If you have never listened to it--do.

"When You are with me,
I'm Free...I'm Careless...I Believe"

So, glad He is always with me...free feels great!

No comments: